Smackdown spoilers for 6/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
* Daniel Bryan comes out to kick off SmackDown. He cuts a promo and is very over with the crowd. Kane comes out and Bryan says he's breaking up Team Hell No so he can be tag champions with Randy Orton. Kane says they won't win. Bryan asks if it's because Kane thinks he's the weakest link. Kane chokes Bryan and Orton comes out to stop him. Orton says if Kane hurts Bryan, he hurts his team for Sunday. Orton threatens to RKO Kane. Bryan says he doesn't need help. The Shield appears on the big screen and laughs. They love the problems going on in the ring. SmackDown goes to commercial.
* Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro is next. Cesaro comes out and says he will play host to Sheamus' Irish wake. Sheamus wins the match with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus suffered a nasty gash in his back after being thrown into the steel steps.
* As Sheamus is leaving, Damien Sandow attacks him from behind on the entrance ramp.
* Heath Slater beat The Great Khali after hitting a DDT. 3MB distracted Khali and Hornswoggle was involved.
* Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho defeated Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston when Del Rio pinned Ziggler.
* Chris Jericho is backstage talking about his match against CM Punk but is interrupted by Paul Heyman. Jericho says the match will be a rare one and will exceed expectations.
* Aksana vs. Kaitlyn is up next. Kaitlyn slaps the referee and Aksana runs away. No winner is announced.
* Curtis Axel vs. Wade Barrett is up next. Barrett says they could get hurt so they should wait and fight on Sunday at Payback. The Miz comes out and says everyone wants to see them fight now. Axel pins Barrett to win the match. Miz lays out Axel with a Skull Crushing Finale after the match.
* Randy Orton, Kane and Daniel Bryan beat Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in the main event. Bryan made Rollins tap out to get the win. Lilian Garcia made an announcement that it was the first time The Shield has ever been defeated in six-man action.

Wrestlinginc

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Well, I was right about Bryan leading the team to The Shield's first six man tag team loss (pin fall/submission wise.)

Never thought they'd waste it away on fucking Smackdown, though.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
  • Fuck Bryan/Orton. I'll only be okay with this if Orton turns heel and I'm not even completely positive that it's going to happen.
  • Fuck Sheamus. FUCK. SHEAMUS.
  • "Del Rio pinned Ziggler" Shocking.Welcome back, Zigg :smug:
  • Why is Miz laying out Axel? :mad1:
  • I LOVE that Daniel Bryan got the win, via submission at that :yay: .. buttttt... it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth knowing that The Shield's "undefeated" streak (as a team) was ended on Smackdown... At least have it happen on Raw ffs (and even then I'd rather it happen on a PPV).

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Maybe WWE is trying to get more attention on Smackdown by centering around the Shield and their rivals in the first place. Have no problem with the loss since it was DB. Sounds like a solid show.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Some more in depth spoilers:
Lilian Garcia came out to polite applause. Michael Cole came out to nothing. JBL entered to a warm reception. This is the most packed I've seen the Coliseum in a while for wrestling. The lower section looks totally full, and there are even a few seats open up top, which is rare around here.

The main events were introduced via intro video to be Team Hell No and Randy Orton vs. The Shield, and Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. It should be great to see Ziggler back in the ring.

Daniel Bryan promo started off the taping. He said Team Hell No is one of the greatest teams in WWE history, and called Kane to the ring. Bryan says when he and Randy win the tag team titles, though, he and Kane won't be able to tag anymore, which prompted Kane to ask, "Are you, like, breaking up with me?" Bryan called Kane the weak link. Kane grabbed Bryan for the chokeslam, which brought out Randy Orton. The three argued amongst themselves. The Shield cut a promo on the Tron stating they'll win tonight, like they have in every other match.

1. Sheamus defeated Antonio Cesaro. Cesaro got the jobber entrance...sigh, not a good sign. Damien Sandow came out pre-match and put over Cesaro and his match with Sheamus at Payback Kickoff. The action went to the floor, where Sheamus hit Antonio with a nasty fallaway slam into the barricade. Cesaro rammed Sheamus into the stairs, which gave Sheamus a cut on his shoulder. After some more action, Sheamus suddenly hit the Brogue Kick out of the corner for the win. After the match, Sandow attacked Sheamus on the stage.

Teddy Long delivered a promo on the Tron. He put over Hardee's burgers. Dolph Ziggler, Langston, and AJ showed up. Ziggler said it's his triumphant return to Smackdown, and he should get more respect. They left, and Big E returned to eat Teddy's burger.

2. Heath Slater defeated The Great Khali. What you would expect. Boring and typical. A 3MB distraction led to a Slater DDT and the victory.

3. Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho defeated Big E Langston and World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler. Lilian announced Ricardo in Spanish, so Ricardo announced Del Rio in English. From where I'm sitting, Ricardo's pop was bigger than Del Rio's. Jericho got a monster pop, though. Jericho's jacket is awesome, AJ is smoking hot. Big E and Del Rio started after Ziggler ducked out. Back and forth action to start. Ziggler tagged in with Del Rio, and immediately jumped back out. "Y2J" and "We Want Ziggler" chants rang out. An AJ distraction and slap to Jericho led to the heels taking control. Del Rio got the hot tag, and soon after, he rolled up Ziggler for the win.

Jericho delivered a promo on the Tron and put over his match with CM Punk at Payback. Paul Heyman showed up to tell Jericho that he has no chance. Y2J ended up shoving the mic into Heyman's mouth.

4. Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs. Aksana never got started. Kaitlyn, in a fit of rage and emotion over Monday's angle with AJ, beat Aksana's ass before it could happen, then beat the referee's ass for trying to hold her back.

5. Curtis Axel defeated Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett in a non-title match. Barrett grabbed a mic and told Heyman it would make more business sense to wait until Sunday, and skip the match tonight. Miz came out to egg them on, and the match began. At ringside, Barrett threw Axel into Miz. Axel pinned Barrett shortly after. Miz then jumped Axel and dropped him with the Skull Crushing Finale.

6. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton defeated The Shield. Yes, you read that right. The Shield actually got a pretty good pop. Orton got a HUGE pop. Bryan got lots of YES! chants. Bryan and Rollins started us off. The Shield alienated Bryan early. There was a fake hot tag to Orton, leading to the cut off and more Shield dominance for a while. They took turns working him over. Kane got a hot tag, followed quickly by a Bryan tag. Bryan began cleaning house and the arena exploded. Kane threw Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose over the barricade, Seth Rollins ate a mid-air RKO, and Bryan slapped on the Yes! Lock for the win. In tribute to the late, great Gorilla Monsoon, this place has gone bananas!! There was a big celebration in the ring between Bryan, Kane, and Orton to end the show. There was no dark match main event.

PWtorch

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Big e eating burgers, Dolph being pinned in his return match by the number one contender and Slater vs Khaki sound terrible the rest looks watchable imo at least.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Stopspot

Reaction score
I am okay with the Shield's first team loss happening on Smackdown. People keep complaining that Smackdown is second rate and not important. But how are you supposed to make the show matter unless you have important things happen on it?

Daniel being the one to break the Shield streak makes me happy in my jammies as well.

Reactions: Farooq

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
And the downfall of shield begins. Pathetic that this happened on Smackdown. Absolutely disgusting. The silver lining is Bryan causing it, but otherwise wwe logic strikes again.

Reactions: Roi

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It's building up the show. It's not really disgusting, and it's just one lost. I doubt they'll lose the belts, they are all still champions, and still are a threat.

Stopspot

Reaction score
What has been said by the gentleman and my manwife above. One loss does not mean the downfall has started. Instead it spices things up. A faction can only go undefeated for so long before it grows stale and the faction itself loses direction. This loss should in kayfabe motivate the Shield to be even more ruthless and vicious.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The Shield needed to lose to further the story. You could tell they had no idea where to go, the amount of times we've seen The Shield/Hell No+orton is rather high. Now The Shield has lost, there is a reason for them to continue having matches. Notice how Bryan has been shoving Kane away, wanting to team with Orton? It all smells of a heel turn at the PPV. Then Bryan is without Kane because he's pushed him away, and now Orton/Bryan have a programme.