Smackdown Spoilers: August 9

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
* Randy Orton beat Rob Van Dam in the opener. RVD missed the frogsplash and Orton came right back with a RKO. The match went just under 13 minutes.
* MizTV with The Miz, AJ Lee and Big E Langston is up next. Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn end up interrupting. Because he's host, Miz makes Ziggler and Kaitlyn vs. Big E and AJ for SummerSlam. AJ and Big E jump Kaitlyn and Ziggler but they come back and get the upperhand.
* Fandango beat Kofi Kingston with the top rope leg drop in under 5 minutes.
* Daniel Bryan beat Wade Barrett by submission. Barrett came out fully shaven after the attack from Bryan on RAW.
* Kane quickly squashed 3MB in a handicap match after chokeslamming Jinder Mahal. The Wyatt Family appeared on the big screen and Bray Wyatt cut a promo about their Ring of Fire match at SummerSlam.
* Christian beat Alberto Del Rio in just under 20 minutes. This was a non-title match and he won with a roll up. After the match, Del Rio attacked Christian but he countered. Christian left Del Rio laying in the ring.
* Damien Sandow came out with his Money in the Bank briefcase and a referee. Before the bell rang, Cody Rhodes ran down and came leaping off the top rope to stop Sandow from cashing in.

wrestlinginc

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Wyatts vs Kane Inferno match ?
Rhodes vs Sandow for the briefcase ?
Preshow Fandango vs Kingston?

Looks like a nice episode.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty damn good Smackdown :obama: Seeing the Wyatt family, a near complete cash in by Sandow, Daniel Bryan and Barrett, and RVD losing is pretty sweet.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Think we can put the IWC cliche of "blame the performer for never being willing to job" out behind the shed. After the last 3 years of RVD being an unprofessional ass who'll always make you look bad, he's jobbed on 3 straight Smackdowns.

Proud of that one. :obama:

Not my cup of tea, but if you're into in-ring work live reports say this show's the one for you.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Might give this Smackdown a watch :) Sad that Barrett lost his beard now but who knows he might grow it back :)

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
''MizTV with The Miz, AJ Lee'' Nothing more needs to be read. This segment will be sh... FUCKING AWESOME.

Man, I feel for Barrett. It just had to be him to get humiliated and squashed in the same week. Why not some actual jobber? Is Barrett the only other person with facial hair in the locker room? WWE just loves to shit on the guy it seems, haha.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Anyway, it looks like a pretty decent show actually. MIGHT tune in if Danny still has his live discussion and whatnot.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
''MizTV with The Miz, AJ Lee'' Nothing more needs to be read. This segment will be sh... FUCKING AWESOME.

Man, I feel for Barrett. It just had to be him to get humiliated and squashed in the same week. Why not some actual jobber? Is Barrett the only other person with facial hair in the locker room? WWE just loves to shit on the guy it seems, haha.
Yep you got that right, just shows they dont have anything for Barrett except jobbing him and giving him wins on the UK tour to keep us happy and make us spend money :p

acailler

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this Ring of Fire match...

TKK

Reaction score
A competitive Kingston/Fandango feud sounds cool, I thought they were using Fandango to job out to a returning Kofi, but I was wrong. Awesome.

Reactions: Farooq

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
will watch, i love this entire card.

Whoops except DZ and anything MizTv. Mike the Miz is awesome because of what he did from a shit mtv road rules (i think) deal to wwe, but he isnt the star they push him as. He isnt y2j, he isnt roddy piper, dude is a jobber at his best hour, who cant even hold spots for people flying over the ropes. Fuck miz.

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Seems like a decent episode, might give a watch for RVD and Bray Wyatt, and I love that there's going to be an inferno match at Summerslam.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks horrid, again.

Your expectations are way too high for SD lol

It's a good show if it has 2+ good matches (which could be Christian/ADR or Bryan/Barrett or Orton/RVD), an unexpected or surprising segment (like Rhodes preventing Sandow from cashing in), and some storyline progression (match between DZ+Kaitlyn/E+AJ announced for SS).

You need to treat it like the secondary show that it is.