Smackdown Spoilers: August 23

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Some notes courtesy of PWinsider:

1)If the Bryan-Orton promo in segment 1 last night was on Monday at Raw, it would have taken the entire week in a different direction. Orton justified his actions asking wouldn't you use help to get what you want before Bryan coming out and playing the strong face explaining why he is not everything Randy is, but he is still better led to what I thought was the strongest promo I've seen him do in the WWE.

2)Paul Heyman continues to be the best thing on any of their shows. I'm not really excited about seeing Axel-Punk again, but after listening to Heyman's promo, I wanted to see what happens on Monday night.

3)The ADR-Christian match told a story. Both went 50-50 in a strong, snug match. I thought the post-match was a bit contrived, but it did its job of setting up RVD-ADR with Ricardo playing Fonzie 2.0.

4)The Big Show/Mark Henry-3MB was created to set up the program with the Shield and that did its job. I did like the 3MB start where they went Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide on who got to face Big Show. Seth Rollins is getting better with the promos and Roman Reigns is that old school monster in the background who when he speaks makes you go whoa.

5)If anybody thought Darren Young's coming out would make a difference, it didn't. The crowd was dead, in fact there was a "We The People" chant started by some in the crowd which was weird since Bakersfield is a heavily populated Hispanic city.

6)The Barrett-Bryan cage match was a very hard hitting, physical match. It will probably take up the final 20-22 minutes of the broadcast. Kinda figured Orton would be make an appearance somewhere, but how he did was very effective as I didn't see him come out at all while they were setting up the cage.

7)The dark match main event was good. Its weird to see Show and Henry play total white-meat babyfaces while the on camera roles are the total opposite. The match itself showed the difference between the guys who were trained outside of the WWE system. All 6 guys sold and made you believe in what was going on.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
lmao at this.

5)If anybody thought Darren Young's coming out would make a difference, it didn't. The crowd was dead, in fact there was a "We The People" chant started by some in the crowd which was weird since Bakersfield is a heavily populated Hispanic city.

Reactions: Swift

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I always watch it anyway since I watch on Hulu when I can. Sounds like a decent show. I hope they don't spend 10 friggin minutes doing the Summerslam recap AGAIN. I hate when recaps take that long.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
7)The dark match main event was good. Its weird to see Show and Henry play total white-meat babyfaces while the on camera roles are the total opposite. The match itself showed the difference between the guys who were trained outside of the WWE system. All 6 guys sold and made you believe in what was going on.
Could someone tell me what was the dark ME? Show and Henry v. who?