Smackdown Spoilers: April 26

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lilian Garcia kicked off the Smackdown taping with a pitch perfect rendition of our frankly dreadful national anthem, God Save the Queen. Fair play to Lilian. She made the dreary dirge sound almost inspiring with her impressive pipes.

There’s a promo on the big screen saying Taker returns to Smackdown tonight, suggesting he isn’t just here for the dark main event as I assumed….

1. Jack Swagger beat Alberto Del Rio in a No DQ match. Del Rio got what could more accurately be described as 'polite applause' than a sustained pop, but at this point in his flat lining babyface run, he may well take that. Lots of props including a cane, chair and ladders, involvement from Colter and Ricardo too, Swagger eventually wins the match of the night so far by pinfall.

2. Layla beat Aksana. Aksana was out first, not many here seem to know who she is. Next out was Layla. I thought she may get a decent reaction being British, alas she was greeted by crickets. Lilian doesn’t help by announcing Layla as from Miami, Florida, but Layla has hardly aided her cause by eradicating her British accent almost totally. Plus, she’s as dull as dishwater. Layla eventually won via a messy roll up as the Fandango chants began in earnest.

The Shield delivered a handheld camera promo that was recorded backstage. They hinted at going after the tag titles whilst Dean Ambrose announced it's him versus Taker tonight. Ambrose promised to finish off The Dead man, or words to that effect.

3. Fandango beat Justin Gabriel. There was a Road Warrior-esque pop for Fandango. A vignette was shown on how his music got to number two on the iTunes chart over here. Whilst this was happening, his opponent surreptitiously slips into the ring. I’m 99 percent sure it was Justin Gabriel, but there was no announcement to confirm that and I was in the nosebleed seats. Fandango won a fairly basic match. Any excuse to hear that music again…..

4. Big Show beat Sheamus. The match failed to capture fans attention and was punctuated by chants for everyone from RVD to Fandango to disgraced soccer player Luis Suarez. Mark Henry came down and turned the steps over, this was enough to distract Sheamus and let Show pick up the win.

5. Wade Barrett beat William Regal. Lots of noise for these two as you would expect, sadly they weren’t given much time in front of their very vocal home supporters. Barrett won in a couple of minutes. He didn't even get the courtesy of having his ring music follow him up the aisle, instead a second replay of the Triple H and Paul Heyman confrontation from Raw was shown.

6. Mark Henry beat Randy Orton via DQ. At this point it’s became rather obvious that half the crew was in Nottingham tonight. Sheamus came down midway through proceedings and Brogue Kicked Henry for the DQ. Rather than being annoyed with his pal for costing him the match, Orton cheerily added an RKO to Henry's problems.

There was a Booker T backstage interview, which was interrupted by Khali, Santino, Prime Time Players and other also rans. It’s all basically unintelligible but thankfully ended quickly enough.

A graphic on the TitanTron suggested it’s The Shield vs. John Cena and Ryback on Raw next week. It's Cena's chance to continue what he started on Monday and undo all the good work done with Rolins, Reigns and Ambrose thus far.

7. The Undertaker beat Dean Ambrose via submission. Time for the main event. Not many sat down for Taker’s entrance. It was first time I’ve ever seen it live, probably the last in all likelihood. Even after seeing it on TV all these times it’s a genuine goose bumps moment. Ambrose and the Shield come through the crowd. What a buzz this must be for Ambrose, surely the highlight of his career so far.

Taker gave Super Cena a lesson in the art of believable selling before eventually making Ambrose tap to the Gogoplata. After the bell, that darn numbers game caught up with Taker. Roman Reigns gives him a meaty spear through the barricade followed by a power bomb through the announce table. The Shield stood tall over Taker at the point where I presume the taping ends.

prowrestling.net

NO ZIGGLER AGAIN?

Kinda odd how it said "this concludes Smackdown". Some sites are saying Taker/Ambrose will be part of the show, some say it won't. Odd. Tune in Friday to find out.

Really hope it is obviously, that's really all there is to look for on this show. Typical Smackdown.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Good! taker took the triple Powerbomb just like I told him to in the other thread. That's the only reason for him to be involved. To put them over.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Swagger/Del Rio actually sounds very good. Show/Henry matches seem meh, most likely it's a Show and Henry/Sheamus and Orton feud soon? And Ambrose/Undertaker is :yay: :yes: I think the match is part of the show, since Ambrose did tout it earlier in the show. I'd give this a 6/10 for spoilers.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
PWMania
* A video recap is shown of The Undertaker / Team Hell No vs. The Shield match from Monday’s Raw.
jack-swagger-reaction.gif

Raw recaps? ON MY SMACKDOWN?!

* Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio in a no disqualification match kicks off Smackdown. The crowd is chanting Si Si Si. Jack Swagger beats down Del Rio with a kendo stick. Del Rio brings out a ladder, and Swagger runs right into it. Swagger goes to get the ladder and Rodriguez takes and runs away. We want tables chant breaks out. Swagger gets a chair from ringside but Del Rio lands a kick and Swagger drops the chair. Del Rio goes for the arm breaker on Swagger but Swagger counters and throws Del Rio towards a chair. Swagger pins, but Del Rio kicks out at the two count. Zeb distracts Del Rio and allows Swagger to hit Del Rio with ladders. Del Rio locks in the arm breaker but Zeb throws a kendo stick to Swagger. Swagger defeats Del Rio after hitting him with a ladder.
7d74ef89b3c6378324113885656c5faa.gif

Sounds dandy, but how many times can we see those two in a match

* Sheamus vs The Big Show and Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry is announced for later tonight.

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

* Layla defeated Aksana.
b82efeefabba4c906dc91a794f2bb889.jpg
Fandango defeated Justin Gabriel. The crowd went crazy chanting “Fandango” and Fandangoing in the stands.
edd682e13a1914d42ca4cbf15c7275dc.gif
The Big Show defeats Sheamus after he is distracted by Mark Henry. Sheamus tried to lift Big Show, but Show fell on top of him for a two count. Show followed up with a big splash from the second rope, but Sheamus kicked out at 2. Sheamus hit White Noise, and went for the Brogue kick, but Show slid out of the ring. Mark Henry came in from the crowd and distracted Sheamus by tipping the steps, allowing Show to hit the WMD for the win.
91fcffd704ed2a68836ab3ee641af2ac.gif
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett defeated William Regal in a quick match. Regal missed a knee trembler leading Barrett to hit the Bullhammer elbow for the win.
2f07s79.gif

* Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton by DQ when Sheamus came out and connected with the brougue kick to Henry. Randy Orton hit the RKO on Henry following the match. This concludes SmackDown.

14f9b0f7cb7f232c1a8437fb47a76142.gif
* The Undertaker comes out and the arena erupts. The Shield makes their usual entrance through the crowd. The crowd are chanting Undertaker. The Undertaker lands a chokeslam and locks in the Hills Gate on Ambrose, making him tap. The rest of the Shield attack Undertaker. Reigns spears Undertaker through barrier and crowd chants “holy shit.” The Shield continue attack Undertaker and Triple power bomb him through announce table with more “holy shit” chants. The crowd boo the Shield as they stand over the Undertaker.
fa6062f17e46e665e980723432bd8403.gif

NO ZIGGLER AGAIN?

gwEQ7.gif

1275905143_raging-midget.gif

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Is it bad that I'm actually a wee bit annoyed Ambrose tapped? Of course it's bad, it's Undertaker, it does no damage. But I liked the undefeated stuff (I know they still are, but yeah, :sad:). Otherwise, I'm so so so so pumped to see that match, and it HAS to be apart of the show.

Also, the rest sounds bad. Typically bad.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is it bad that I'm actually a wee bit annoyed Ambrose tapped? Of course it's bad, it's Undertaker, it does no damage. But I liked the undefeated stuff (I know they still are, but yeah, :sad:). Otherwise, I'm so so so so pumped to see that match, and it HAS to be apart of the show.

How absurd would it be if they didn't include that match lol. Literally the only interesting sounding part of the show.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

Someone made a thread that The Shield should never lose as a team. So in single's matches, I could care less. Expect it to be good. :mog:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Would we be surprised if it wasn't? God dammit I have a bad feeling about this lol.

Why wouldn't they promote an Undertaker one on one match on RAW though?

Would it surprise me? Not much, a little, but not much. why wouldn't they promote it? No time to promote future events, all about recapping dem previous events

Reactions: Snowman1 and Crayo