Smackdown ratings goes up in a big way

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Last night's commercial free episode of WWE Super SmackDown on the USA Network scored a 2.29 cable rating.
The show averaged 3.331 million viewers. This is up from the 1.52 rating the last Tuesday SmackDown drew on November 6th, and is up from the usual Friday night rating.

source

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, on USA instead of SyFy, commercial free, live, I think they advertised it a bit more this time... makes sense.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, completely agree with the points Leo has made. Very good rating indeed though. Maybe WWE should consider commercial free shows more often.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Why not just make it live and on Tuesdays as is? They should at least consider putting it on USA network. Why didn't they just negotiate to be put on USA back in 2008/2009?

Either way, the ratings will drop back down next week.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
Why not just make it live and on Tuesdays as is? They should at least consider putting it on USA network. Why didn't they just negotiate to be put on USA back in 2008/2009?

Either way, the ratings will drop back down next week.

Agreed, I'm real curious as to why they don't air it live on Tuesday on the USA network, rather than a taped show on Friday night on SyFy, it seems an obvious decision to me. Though there must be reasons.

This is close to some RAW ratings though, so a great showing for SmackDown.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Leo C said:
Well, on USA instead of SyFy, commercial free, live, I think they advertised it a bit more this time... makes sense.

Plus Smackdown's content has been better since there has been a slow integration of both shows. Some of Raw's storylines has seeped over to Smackdown now as it has happened vice versa on Raw already.

It almost feels like a 2nd Raw, which was the feeling of it up until 06'

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
Plus Smackdown's content has been better since there has been a slow integration of both shows. Some of Raw's storylines has seeped over to Smackdown now as it has happened vice versa on Raw already.

It almost feels like a 2nd Raw, which was the feeling of it up until 06'

I've noticed that you get more wrestling on smackdown

If they cut out the 30 min of raw recaps it would be a really great show.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Danielson said:
I've noticed that you get more wrestling on smackdown

If they cut out the 30 min of raw recaps it would be a really great show.

That's because Smackdown has generally been reserved for guys who aren't so good at promos with the exception of a couple. You won't be able to notice it now because the shows are integrated now, but before you could see the difference. Despite integrating, Smackdown stayed at it's predominantly wrestling ahow.

You also bring up a good point with recaps. I think if they cut those recaps down, they'd have more time to shoot promos for the rivalries primarily featured on Smackdown.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed, I'm real curious as to why they don't air it live on Tuesday on the USA network, rather than a taped show on Friday night on SyFy, it seems an obvious decision to me. Though there must be reasons.

Live production is expensive. Smackdown doesn't create a lot of revenue, so they keep the production cheaper.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:

This makes me so bitter, being the TNA mark i am. This is > than a grip of shitty raw shows, and just reiterates the fact we are stuck with the current product. To be fair, the shield have made it more interesting, and im a huge fan of Cesaro/Kofi being champs. Still bitter.

ryanGallogly

Jobber
Reaction score
I think SD! should go live. Would really help. I also think that WWE should defiantly work on SD! I.e story lines, roster, gimmicks, time schedules. SD! Really has gone downhill ALOT!!

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Danielson said:
They should just consider it being live. Something about the word live is attractive

It means no spoilers :dawg: