SmackDown Not Moving Back To Thursdays After All

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
It turns out that SmackDown isn't moving back to Thursdays after all. According to PWInsider, SyFy has released their fall schedule for shows. And I quote

:cole:

"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" will take the place of "Haven" and will air at 9 and 10 PM on Thursdays eastern. Haven will air on Thursdays at 8 PM Eastern now. As for SmackDown, the show will remain on Fridays at 8 PM, followed by episodes of "Z Nation"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The craziest part about the statement to me is that SyFy managed to acquire the rights to Starz' Spartacus series, that's pretty dope.. I'm glad though they decided not to move because Thursday is already so flooded with me.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
This article dated September 20, 2014

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2014/09/20/wwe-smackdown-staying-on-friday/

In an apparently changes of plans, WWE Friday Night Smackdown is indeed staying on Fridays.

It was widely expected that the show would be moving to Thursday nights on Syfy in the new fall season. Early Syfy lineups had the change in place, and TNA Impact actually moved to Wednesday as a pre-emptive measure.

However, Syfy has had success in promoting a new series “Spartacus” on Thursdays and has decided to keep the show on Thursdays. That means that Smackdown will not move and stay on Fridays after all.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Could you imagine big show vs rusev getting a pop? WWE needs to kill smackdown, move main event to thursday and make it live for 1 hour...and test it out. Smackdown is dead as fuck and is about as live as your wwe14 game offline.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Isnt the dude from Spartacus dead? Jesus a 28th reboot.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Doesn't really affect me, although it could get them more views to do it at a bit earlier time and on Thursdays, since most people go out on Fridays and don't stick to the television to watch anything.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Doesn't really affect me, although it could get them more views to do it at a bit earlier time and on Thursdays, since most people go out on Fridays and don't stick to the television to watch anything.

Plus, both Raw and SD as a product don't have the urgency on 'em anymore... They don't have that 'I can't wait to see what they'll do next' thing they used to. So, that's the main reason people have been skipping it or stopped watching.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Smackdown is still the most watched TV program on Fridays in the states.

It's not that RAW and Smackdown has less viewers and interest. But wrestling as a whole.

Long gone are the days of 70k crowds in the tokyo dome every 3 months

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Are people really going out in droves on Friday nights anymore? I live in a small town and the computer holds my interest a tad more than going out.
How often can you keep going out every Friday? Is it really that fantastic? I may be in the minority, here. It's a legitimate question.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Are people really going out in droves on Friday nights anymore? I live in a small town and the computer holds my interest a tad more than going out.
How often can you keep going out every Friday? Is it really that fantastic? I may be in the minority, here. It's a legitimate question.
Pretty much all of my old coworkers went out on Fridays, and still do. While I myself do prefer being home on Fridays, I know tons of people who still go out on Friday. Going to get drunk, to go to Mexico(fuck that shit), playing pool, to the beach and other things, especially for a city like San Diego. Even I get dragged out by the gf to go out here and there.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I worked as a bartender in a college town for 4 years while in College.

Fridays are still king