Smackdown Champions?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulreaper545

Reaction score
i was just on the WWE website looking through the SD roster and it just came to me that there truely is nobody on the SD roster that deserves to hold the World title(excluding anyone injured). if you don't belive me here is the link go ahead and check (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/). now i'm not saying that there aren't FUTURE champions on there don't get me wrong but the current roster is nothing but potential(sp?) that needs to be built up before grabbing a major title.

Note" don't say Jeff Hardy is title worthy since none of his recent matchs have been worth a second look. and until CM Punk gets a better finisher he can't be considered a true heel champ

P.S before anyone starts to complain about how raw only has 3 champs(Cena Orton and HHH) this i about how nobody one the SD roster deserves a major title not how only 2 people keep getting it

soulreaper545

Reaction score
^^^ i ment that the GTS is to slow to be a heel finisher, look at the RKO and the Spear fast and sudden. As good sneak attack moves go the GTS isn't fast enough to be used as a hit and run kind of thing

PeepShow

What the fuck are you talking about. That makes no sense whatsoever.

The Rated R CMStar

So I guess Triple H wasn't a good heel, I mean, his finisher wasn't sudden.

As for your "nobody in Smackdown can be World Champions", well, that's complete bullshit as well.

phantomgerald

I actually get the point of what he's saying about the finisher. The GTS is more of a face finisher because you perch the guy on your shoulder, get the adulation of the thousands in attendance, and then finish off the guy while the crowd continues to cheer you. But what happens when you're a heel? The seconds before you land it take way too long.

What's more. for heels that don't rely on their strength, I think the more their finisher should be more fast & sudden, as the thread starter said. HHH gets away with it because he's more strength than speed anyway. Another example would be Chris Jericho. The codebreaker is quick and sudden and it changes the tide of the match.

seX-Power

Yes, because Hardy's matches with Punk, Edge, Jericho, Matt and Morrison weren't worth a second look. :rolleyes:

noumenon

His finisher isn't sudden....so he's a bad heel.......
I really don't even know how to respond to that.

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Undertaker, Morrison aren't contenders to the WHC...
But on RAW people are bitching that Mark Henry isn't facing Orton at Summerslam and MVP still hasn't gotten a title shot???

Wow, just wow.

Reaction score
I'm still lol'ing at the 'CM Punk's finisher isn't heel worthy' thing.

Chris Jericho - couldn't be more WHC worthy right now. The man has been on fire since mid last year, imo, and could easily take the WHC off Jeff.

Jeff Hardy - May not put on the most amazing, 5-star matches out there, but still has more fan support than anyone else on the SD roster, and can put on 3-4 star matches. Deserves his title reign.

Morrison - I don't know what to think about Morrison. He's beaten Punk twice now? Kicked out of the Swanton. He's there, but doesn't quite seem there imo. I think a triple-threat with Punk and Hardy at SS could really cement him in the ME scene.

Taker - Not sure if he's on the injured list or is just AWOL. But you can never deny the dead man's spot in WWE.

As much as I'd hate to say it - Mysterio's even there. With some decent work, and another friend-related death, Mysterio could be pushed into the ME scene again.

Punk - Nope. He's taken too much damage from losses to Morrison and Hardy to be considered a true contender. One match at SS could change that, though.

There's plenty of guys on the SD roster who can step up and contend over the WHC. These guys just aren't 5-13time champions who've beaten everyone there is to beat...

-TJ-

Ok here's some points of mine for you're interest.

Jericho isn't worthy? If you truly believe that then your the definition of what WWE wants their smarks to act like. Jericho has been on fire since last summer. Give Jericho's code breaker it's due as a quick heel finisher, but don't doubt his strength either. Jericho is an all around athlete and is extremely well talented in technicality.

Now on to Punk. Punk is an extremely fast rising star, and I agree with Phantom about how the smarks which WWE wants to be, (Which don't kid yourself, is a lot more then the ones who know :smh ) would seem to think the seconds Punk holds his man up for the GTS isn't a true heel finisher, but still, he can hit it out of no where, if he just delivers quicker, you will shut up. >.<

Jeff Hardy is a constant man. He always has good 3-4 star matches every week. Plus he has had some great matches against Morrison, Punk, Jericho, and Edge.

Now on to Rey Rey. Now some people don't like his credibility, being that he's probably shorter then every person on here, but still, he is technical in his own way and is the baby face that can win a match in a split second.

Kane and The Great Khali can and has been main eventers, just give them a chance again. lol

Smackdown! Pushes their stars better then Raw. Smackdown! Has 4 credible main eventers. Only four, but they have a huge amount or rising stars. (Morrison, Hart Dynasty, Ziggler) Plus the wrestlers to help push them, (Finlay, Knox, and R-Truth, even though they should push R-Truth. >.<) So infact you are kinda wrong there buddy.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im just gonna say i agree with -TJ-. It saves me writing LOL. Because i was gonna say the same thing anyway about who he has got down as worthy WHW title holders and also future title holders. And i would also stick Taker in there. So to some it up I disagree that SD has not got anybody worthy to hold the big title. Id love to see Jericho with the belt already but thats just my opinion. And he will do some point down the line.

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm reading posts about why Hardy and Khali need to be pushed.

PeepShow

I actually get the point of what he's saying about the finisher. The GTS is more of a face finisher because you perch the guy on your shoulder, get the adulation of the thousands in attendance, and then finish off the guy while the crowd continues to cheer you. But what happens when you're a heel? The seconds before you land it take way too long.

What's more. for heels that don't rely on their strength, I think the more their finisher should be more fast & sudden, as the thread starter said. HHH gets away with it because he's more strength than speed anyway. Another example would be Chris Jericho. The codebreaker is quick and sudden and it changes the tide of the match.

Brock Lesnar

Evil Austin

The guy is saying he wants a more heeling sudden finisher much like Orton could execute the RKO out of nowhere like he used to when someone was in mid air from the top rope. Or a sudden Super Kick out of nowhere. He doesn't want him to play to the crowd, hold him there and make his opponent think about it because he is heel now and he doesn't need to do it.

The Rated R CMStar

Yes, because we all know that a finisher heel isn't good unless it is sudden. Being a heel doesn't mean you need to fit in a damn cookie standard and if your characteristics aren't like that, then you are a bad heel. Where does it say a heel only has to have a sudden finisher? BTW, YOU are the one deducing that the time CM Punk holds someone in his shoulders is playing to the crowd. First off, he has been applying the GTS faster and has been getting his opponents in that position more suddenly.

Second, this:

hold him there and make his opponent think about it because he is heel now and he doesn't need to do it.

Yes, because playing mind games is not a heel trait.