SmackDown Attendance Sours Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Interesting, I can understand the adamant rush to push Sheamus and Ryback more now. They're trying to plug a big hole.

Yeah, especially with Punk not being a consistent draw of that caliber. He basically came like a lightening bolt from the blue when they needed it but he couldn't fill the shoes fully.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Simple solution is push Bryan.... He got decent ratings didn't he?

When Bryan and Henry was in the main event on Smackdown it was around 2.5-2.7 so yeah. Pretty simple solution, let the bearded one run wild

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I really can't see a flaw, he puts asses in seats, can wrestle, speak, get madly over, is sexy and won't get busted for roids like Maddox.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
I was at the live show in Birmingham here in the UK and it was a sell out crowd so I dont understand why crowds would not flock to Smackdown unless people think that Smackdown is no longer a decent brand anymore and well avoid it like the plague.
I grew up with the Smackdown show as a kid (im now 23) and well its sad to see fans just avoid it

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: SmackDown Attendance Sours Again

UkSciFiGirl said:
I was at the live show in Birmingham here in the UK and it was a sell out crowd so I dont understand why crowds would not flock to Smackdown unless people think that Smackdown is no longer a decent brand anymore and well avoid it like the plague.
I grew up with the Smackdown show as a kid (im now 23) and well its sad to see fans just avoid it

We always sell as we get shows around 2 times a year, they're touring constantly in the US as are other wrestling companies.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Punk draws seats and ticket sales, apparently him, Orton and Cena are like their best draws.

Yeah but wasn't there talk of him being inconsistent as a draw in certain areas of the country? But that might have been around just before he really shot into the main event. Punk is without the second top draw right now. I was wondering over around when Edge left (which was right before the shoot if I remember correctly?)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Yeah but wasn't there talk of him being inconsistent as a draw in certain areas of the country? But that might have been around just before he really shot into the main event. Punk is without the second top draw right now. I was wondering over around when Edge left (which was right before the shoot if I remember correctly?)

No idea if he's inconsistent, try find a source. I know WWE were relying on him for a period to draw ticket sales on SmackDown (when he made a few appearances there). I don't understand why people constantly say he's a flop[ draw online because of the ratings decline, that's laughable (not aimed at you).

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Seabs said:
We always sell as we get shows around 2 times a year, they're touring constantly in the US as are other wrestling companies.

Yeah i could see that, thank god ive got my christmas shopping done, so I can start saving for the April dates or possible Summerslam PPV

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Also doesn't Punk headline all house shows? Suppose he must have something in the drawing department to do that.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
No idea if he's inconsistent, try find a source. I know WWE were relying on him for a period to draw ticket sales on SmackDown (when he made a few appearances there). I don't understand why people constantly say he's a flop[ draw online because of the ratings decline, that's laughable (not aimed at you).

Yeah I don't really get how he is a flop either since if he was he wouldn't be in the position he is currently. And I am trying to find a source on this, it was something that sprung to my mind when I read your OP since I remember reading something on this roughly a year ago.

My initial point still stands that the Smackdown brand needs their own top draw if they wish to make nice money off of it and its live shows and not rely on guys like Cena and Punk to pull double duty.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: SmackDown Attendance Sours Again

Crayo said:
Not sure if he does when Cena is there though.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-raw-house-show-results-dublin-ireland/

He did here with Cena in the mid card vs DZ so I assume he does.