SmackDown Attendance Sours Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
There were apparent attendance problems at last night's WWE SmackDown tapings in Bridgeport, Connecticut. One fan estimated under 2,000 fans in attendance and noted that it seemed like half of the seats were tarped off.

oJ8jk.jpg

This is apparently an image of last nights taping.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
:lol1: And this with them using Cena. I wonder when they'll realize they have to do something.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Right so now we're hoping it'll spring them into a new approach because of it at the end of the year? Honestly I doubt Vince cares as he'll still be making big dollars so his wallet isn't at risk. Shame really.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Is this a common thing?

Yeah it is .:sad:

Seabs said:
Right so now we're hoping it'll spring them into a new approach because of it at the end of the year? Honestly I doubt Vince cares as he'll still be making big dollars so his wallet isn't at risk. Shame really.
Hope is all we've got left :sad1:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Surefire sign of Smackdown never really recovering from Edge's retirement and Taker becoming a part timer. Those guys were the Smackdown top guys even when on RAW and drew people for the Smackdown tapings. There is no one to fill that void now despite how much H thinks Sheamus can do it

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: SmackDown Attendance Sours Again

Stopspot said:
Surefire sign of Smackdown never really recovering from Edge's retirement and Taker becoming a part timer. Those guys were the Smackdown top guys even when on RAW and drew people for the Smackdown tapings. There is no one to fill that void now despite how much H thinks Sheamus can do it

No one really draws apart from Cena do they?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:

Well house shows are also souring, and if SmackDown keeps drawing badly (even with their big draws appearing) then that will surely force him into action, since a lot of their income is from ticket sales from televised and non-televised events.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Well house shows are also souring, and if SmackDown keeps drawing badly (even with their big draws appearing) then that will surely force him into action, since a lot of their income is from ticket sales from televised and non-televised events.

Really can't see him doing anything but pushing Cena, Punk or Orton as a main player there tbh, that seems to be Vince's solution to the enigma code. Also what proportion is made from a live audience? I'd think international merch, TV sponsorship and PPV buys are a much larger aspect than live shows personally.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seabs said:
No one really draws apart from Cena do they?

Now yes but wasn't Edge a pretty successful draw? I heard that he draw pretty decently for a main eventer, not Cena levels but he could draw people and sell pay per views, same with Taker from what I understand. Then we had Hardy who somehow also become a pretty successful draw and one of if not the biggest merchandise seller.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Stopspot said:
Now yes but wasn't Edge a pretty successful draw? I heard that he draw pretty decently for a main eventer, not Cena levels but he could draw people and sell pay per views, same with Taker from what I understand. Then we had Hardy who somehow also become a pretty successful draw and one of if not the biggest merchandise seller.

Never really paid attention to this who draws stuff (doesn't really rank on my enjoyment scale) so it was more of a query lol, I know Jeff sold monster merch though similar to Punk I reckon.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Never really paid attention to this who draws stuff (doesn't really rank on my enjoyment scale) so it was more of a query lol, I know Jeff sold monster merch though similar to Punk I reckon.

Around this time last year I read something about how Edge was the number two guy behind Cena in drawing for TV and live crowds consistently, thus why he was a lot on Smackdown (so that Cena wouldn't need to work double shifts) and how WWE seemingly never recovered from his retirement.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Interesting, I can understand the adamant rush to push Sheamus and Ryback more now. They're trying to plug a big hole.