Smackdown 8/15/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
FiuNBp0.jpg

* SmackDown kicks off with The Miz calling Roman Reigns out for MizTV. Reigns gets a pretty big reaction. Miz keeps interrupting Reigns so Reigns decks him with a shot to the mouth. Reigns cuts a promo on beating Randy Orton at SummerSlam and gets a big pop.

* Dean Ambrose defeated Cesaro in a good back & forth match. Seth Rollins came out after the match and cut a promo on Ambrose.

* Reigns vs. The Miz is announced for later.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Titus O'Neil.

* Mark Henry defeated Luke Harper by DQ when Erick Rowan interfered. Kane comes out and makes a tag match.

* Henry and Big Show defeated Rowan and Harper in a good tag match. They got a big pop after the win.

* Eva Marie defeated AJ Lee by count out when AJ chased after Paige who was taunting her. Paige ends up beating AJ down in the ring and skipping away.

* Jack Swagger squashed Bo Dallas. Lana and Rusev came out after the match to huge heat and USA chants. Bo complained that he didn't really tap out.

* Roman Reigns defeated The Miz in a decent main event. The Miz tried to bail on the match but Dolph Ziggler ran down and threw him back in the ring. Reigns celebrated to end SmackDown.

Source: Ringside News

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The only un-average part of the show may have been Swagger/Dallas and the actual AJ/Eva Marie match itself (without the aftermath)
I can probably picture EXACTLY and frame-by-frame how Smackdown played out.
WWE is so average and predicatable, how the he** anybody pays their hard earned money to watch this crap is beyond me.

Watching hot water run out of a faucet is more extraordinary than this.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, at least this show didn't have 3 matches, so it's gonna be watchable.

Cesajob contuinuing to job? Kudos to WWE for burying Cesaro. Idiots.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Literally nothing interesting had occurred on SmackDown in YEARS. Hardly any plot advancement, no titles ever switch hands, SD is a heap of shit these days.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Rowan and Harper are completely buried... Cesaro is having shit shoveled on him.. I give up.

We definitely want to see a Big Show and Mark Henry tag team.. YES! Stupid fuckers!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Rowan and Harper should've won the tag championships at MITB. Period.

At this point, I wouldn't mind Big Show/Henry winning the titles or any other team winning 'em...

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's like as soon as WWE begins heading down the right road, they take a 180 degree turn toward shitsville

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Big Show and Henry tagging would work if they were heels.
I hate Mark Henry as a face and Big Show no longer has a penis.
They only won this match to establish their presence to say, "Hey, we're here". The idiots gave them their obligatory geriatric respect pop.
Both cats are being held together by tape and this is the only way to get them on TV without having them dress up as Santa Claus.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Classic Smackdown. Interfere? Tag Match? You interfered? You lose bro!

Wtf is the Big show doing back anyway? Oh well the rest looks decent.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Oddly enough, every report I'm getting indicates Big Show is extremely over lately.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
A Henry/Show heel team would give me fucking goosebumps.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It'd be such an interesting feud if Creative pulled it off right. Tbh, I wouldn't mind them beating the Usos in their first PPV showdown and hold the belts for a good while before letting them go.
Again, I stress, ONLY if Creative can pull off something interesting.
But of course, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Point is, they're faces, it's uninteresting, yet Creative LOVES the kid-friendly, gentle giant persona that they've slapped on a ton of big men over the course of WWE history.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Big Show and Mark Henry as heels writes itself, it honestly does. I mean, sh**, they're huge. What's so difficult to brand about that?
This goes back to my bias for more realism in wrestling. Even when Big Show wrestled in a heel tag before it was to put Miz and/or Jericho over as being superior to Big Show, himself.
Kane did the same thing with Daniel Bryan. They're both fat sh**heads as faces but I'd take them over any other tags on the main roster, simply because of their size

People are brainwashed into believing you must be a genius to be in creative. There are plenty on this very site capable of at least mediocre work.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I've no problem of Big Show/Henry teaming together and beating The Usos. Sure, I wouldn't mind them being babyfaces (which they already are). But as heels, plus being tag team champs would just be a helluva lot better.
But, knowing the WWE Creative, they're probably gonna screw it up. Whatever happened to Nation of Domination 2.0