Smackdown 4/18/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
FiuNBp0.jpg

WWE taped the April 18, 2014 SmackDown episode from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. Here are full SmackDown spoilers:​

WWE SmackDown

* Triple H kicks off SmackDown and talks about Evolution reuniting on RAW. He says they are here. Evolution is the dominant three-man team in WWE history, not The Shield. Triple H announces Evolution vs. The Shield for Extreme Rules.

* Big E defeated Alberto Del Rio by disqualification.

* Paul Heyman comes out to massive boos. Heyman yells over and over and over and over again about how Brock Lesnar ended The Streak. This gets huge heat from the crowd.

* Paige vs. Aksana is up next. Paige gets dominated most of the match but wins with her Scorpion Cross Lock.

* El Torito defeated Hornswoggle by pinfall.

* Alexander Rusev defeated R-Truth by submission. Xavier Woods and Lana were at ringside. Woods hit the ring and attacked Rusev after the match but got squashed.

* Backstage interview with Sheamus.

* Fandango vs. Santino Marella is up next. Emma and Layla were at ringside. Santino wins with a roll-up.

* Batista defeats Sheamus in a very physical match with the Batista Bomb to end SmackDown.

Source: PWMania

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Fuck me this looks like an absolutely terrible episode of Smackdown. Santino and Fandango again? Really? Can the WWE not see that the crowd are dead for this feud and it is not entertaining in the slightest, not even the backstage segments with Santino and Emma are funny.

In other news your sig is awesome :bodallas:

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
There are times when I wonder why they even bother to tape a Smackdown show. This is an example of one of those times.

I don't see why they can't just have one B show, but instead they have Smackdown, Main Event and Superstars. They need to stick with just the one show, and have maybe 2 or 3 matches with young talent/midcarders but then have an epic main event with some of the guys we actually care about. There's no need for more time in WWE shows if they have to resort to (what they probably think is a sure-fire MOTYC showstealing match between El Dorito and Hornyswoggle) two midgets "brawling".

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Such a shame, I used to love SD during the brand extension/ruthless aggression era now I barely watch it.

TheRosebud

Jobber
Reaction score
El Torito vs Hornswoggle?
Santino Marella vs Fandango?
Vintage Smackdown!
In all seriousness, this sounded like a bad episode of Smackdown. Instead of Batista vs Sheamus for absolutely no reason, why not have Batista/Orton vs Any member of the Shield?

Reactions: Wilby

TheRosebud

Jobber
Reaction score
There are times when I wonder why they even bother to tape a Smackdown show. This is an example of one of those times.

I don't see why they can't just have one B show, but instead they have Smackdown, Main Event and Superstars. They need to stick with just the one show, and have maybe 2 or 3 matches with young talent/midcarders but then have an epic main event with some of the guys we actually care about. There's no need for more time in WWE shows if they have to resort to (what they probably think is a sure-fire MOTYC showstealing match between El Dorito and Hornyswoggle) two midgets "brawling".
Did you mean to say El Dorito?

john smith

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE is not the same as it was about 5 years ago when the matches were good

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Way to book Paige strongly again.