Smackdown 3/14/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Prolly should've capitalized on a baby face turn for Sandow after Triple H punished him like that.
But you know me; that's just my wishful thinking.

Some great facial expressions from Damien when the Shield's music hit; he knew what was up almost immediately.

I know the result was a loss for Sandow but it was still great to see him wrestle on one of the two main shows. I'm glad he was special enough for a triple powerbomb :) Also I think all the losses have helped him become a better seller for other people's moves, made Rollins victory look pretty clean, minus the intimidation tactics.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Between this win and the Aaron Paul thing, this actually counts as a Ziggler winning streak. :shock:

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Between this win and the Aaron Paul thing, this actually counts as a Ziggler winning streak. :shock:

"We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that will be two in a row. That's called a winning streak. It has happened before."

--Lou Brown,
Major League

(Not really a point to the quote; just when I read your post, it's what went through my mind)

As to what I'm here to talk about, does anybody else get the serious feeling they're working a slow-burn face turn for Sandow. I'm not saying this just to make Sharpy smile. I really do wonder if that's the direction they're going with him.

wk

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As to what I'm here to talk about, does anybody else get the serious feeling they're working a slow-burn face turn for Sandow. I'm not saying this just to make Sharpy smile. I really do wonder if that's the direction they're going with him.

wk
3db8f8e4d67c4c8ffa30117f33797c44.png

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Think about it, though.

Ziggler, Miz, Sandow, Ryder: They've all been getting "buried" in the last few months, not on television and, when they are, they get killed, sometimes by the Shield or other "Authority" types. Couple this with the news that there will be a new stable and that Sandow (even though he's a heel) got something of a face reaction on Monday (most DB fans also like Ziggler and Sandow, even if they're not as big on Miz or Ryder), it just leads me to think they're going to turn him face.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Think about it, though.

Ziggler, Miz, Sandow, Ryder: They've all been getting "buried" in the last few months, not on television and, when they are, they get killed, sometimes by the Shield or other "Authority" types. Couple this with the news that there will be a new stable and that Sandow (even though he's a heel) got something of a face reaction on Monday (most DB fans also like Ziggler and Sandow, even if they're not as big on Miz or Ryder), it just leads me to think they're going to turn him face.

wk
I pray to god for Sandow's sake :)
He's been getting massively fucked since winning that briefcase.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I'd receive a babyface Sandow. The whole intellectual snobby thing is just tailor made for a heel (probably explains why I'm able to hold very few long-lasting friends in real life) and I don't know how interesting it'll be when someone with the gimmick/persona of Sandow is meant to be cheered for. I guess there's entertainment value in seeing Sandow try to make his opponents look foolish but the gimmick to me is a very undercard one that's sort of the embodiment of cheap heat and should probably stay that way.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I'd receive a babyface Sandow. The whole intellectual snobby thing is just tailor made for a heel (probably explains why I'm able to hold very few long-lasting friends in real life) and I don't know how interesting it'll be when someone with the gimmick/persona of Sandow is meant to be cheered for. I guess there's entertainment value in seeing Sandow try to make his opponents look foolish but the gimmick to me is a very undercard one that's sort of the embodiment of cheap heat and should probably stay that way.
Yeeah...:urm:... similar to how a JBL face turn may have gone.
Doing a one night off face turn for Tribute to the Troops is one thing, but JBL's character truly was tailor made to be a heel
I also said it was the final nail for MVP when he turned face...guess I was right on that one too

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

It would take a massive character change, but it's not impossible. There have been a lot of guys whose face/heel characters have been a case of "as a heel, I push this button; as a face, I push that button/don't push this button). Hell, that was the whole point to "The Rock" character. The problem with Sandow is that we really haven't seen much of any other side to his character, whereas with most performers by this point, we've seen some places where we can like something about them while disliking other things about them.

If Ziggler and Ryder were getting beat down by a heel threesome (say the Wyatts) and Sandow came out to make the save/even up the odds and helped them overcome, he'd get cheered. If he made a habit of that sort of thing and started insulting the heels while not insulting the fans, he'd get over fine.

wk