Smackdown 11/7/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, I get the point. But I don't like that 'beat the shitty Kane/Khali to put yourself over' mindset.

Here's to hoping that Cena will take that Kane's spot and put younger and better talent over. But I doubt Vince could swallow that pill.
It isn't really a mindset.
Victories are always sweeter when the opponent has a vast size advantage. This is the case in all walks of life.
In terms of kayfabe, Cena is Vince's last star, so I doubt he would be the guy he wants putting HHH"s handpicked guy over.
I highly doubt Cena will ever get to the point where he jobs with any sort of regularity (at least not on Vince's watch).

The best way to remedy your dissatisfaction is to find another legitimate big man to replace the Kane/Big How/Khali(s) of the world.
Rusev seems on is way, as well as Sheamus quite possibly. Even so, neither of those two are that tall.

As for Cena, his time will come. I'd rather enjoy it, now. Once he hangs it up, people will be clamoring for one more match. It's cyclical.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It isn't really a mindset.
Victories are always sweeter when the opponent has a vast size advantage. This is the case in all walks of life.
In terms of kayfabe, Cena is Vince's last star, so I doubt he would be the guy he wants putting HHH"s handpicked guy over.
I highly doubt Cena will ever get to the point where he jobs with any sort of regularity (at least not on Vince's watch).

The best way to remedy your dissatisfaction is to find another legitimate big man to replace the Kane/Big How/Khali(s) of the world.
Rusev seems on is way, as well as Sheamus quite possibly. Even so, neither of those two are that tall.

As for Cena, his time will come. I'd rather enjoy it, now. Once he hangs it up, people will be clamoring for one more match. It's cyclical.

Dammit, Duke. You're right on point, again.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
* Stardust and Goldust retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over The Usos in a steel cage match, which was said to be a very good match. Stardust pinned one of The Usos.

Great back and forth action and great use of the cage made this a good match.

* Ryback defeated Cesaro with Shellshocked.

Cesaro looked strong but Ryback looked stronger... this was one hell of a match!

* Christian returns to host his Peep Show segment. The special guest is Dean Ambrose. Bray Wyatt interrupts and chaos ensues with Wyatt and Ambrose going at it.

This was awesome.. it was what the Wyatt/Ambrose segment on RAW should have been.. Ambrose spoke about how he was not weak minded and Bray doesn't effect him.. and then Bray spoke about Dean's father and asked if he still gets postcards from prison.. this pissed Ambrose off so he slides out of the ring to head up the ramp after him.. then the lights go out, they come back on and the rocking chair is empty.. they pan back to Ambrose and Wyatt is standing directly behind him.. he yells "run!" into his ear and as Ambrose turns around the lights go back off for a second.. they come back on and Bray is gone leaving Ambrose standing there confused.

* They did a segment in the ring with Soldier Socks and Military veteran Dan Rose, about a new exoskeleton that has been developed for paraplegics. WWE is partnering with Soldier Socks to help disabled US veterans.

Excellent segment with wounded soldier Dan Rose, who is paralyzed from the chest down, coming out in his wheelchair and demonstrating the exo-skeleton legs given to paralyzed vets.. he walked across the stage as the crowd roared with USA, Thank you Dan, and Let's go Dan chants. Awesome moment!

* Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage match is next. Ziggler ends up escaping the cage to get the win and end SmackDown.

Very good match with excellent use of the cage.. and Dolph wins!

I'll give this show a 7/10 overall.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just watched it.

Typical/10

Positives:
- Gold & Stardust vs The Lame-usos was good. I always love it when bloody annoying Usos lose, haha.
- Cesaro vs Ryback was decent, at best. It should've been a helluva lot longer... Too bad Cesaro's getting buried again, though. Clueless imbeciles!
- The Peep Show with Ambrose and Wyatt. I knew this feud was gonna be fantastic! Looking forward to seeing more!
- It was interesting seeing Luke Harper's vignette during Ziggler's entrance, they may as well do Harper vs Ziggler after Survivor Series. I would love that.

As far as Kane vs Ziggler goes, it was pretty meh, mainly because of Kane being totally useless. There's an upside to it, tho, Ziggler won.

Negatives + The 'I don't give a fuck about this' segment:
- Everything else