Smackdown 1/22/2015 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nothing against Rowan but I knew immediately he was not making it in the Rumble. Great chemistry with Harper last night though.

I saw improvement out of both Ryback and Rusev last night. Lo and behold Rusev is actually learning to be a heel. He'll get there. Ryback was bringing a ton of smash mouth offense. Countout finish made sense.

Loved the finish to the show with the big Rumble. Good way to sell the show to anyone who hasn't gotten off their ass to buy the Network.

I'm happy to see Bryan doesn't do the top rope dropkick. That was a big part of his neck problems.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nothing against Rowan but I knew immediately he was not making it in the Rumble. Great chemistry with Harper last night though.

I saw improvement out of both Ryback and Rusev last night. Lo and behold Rusev is actually learning to be a heel. He'll get there. Ryback was bringing a ton of smash mouth offense. Countout finish made sense.

Loved the finish to the show with the big Rumble. Good way to sell the show to anyone who hasn't gotten off their ass to buy the Network.

I'm happy to see Bryan doesn't do the top rope dropkick. That was a big part of his neck problems.

I've yet to watch the episode, but reading the comments you guys have posted, I can make out it wasn't a bad episode at all. I trust your judgment.

As far as the Bryan thing goes... Yeah, not only that move, but that stupid little Diving Headbutt, too.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Sounds like Reigns might be fucking up his WM chances with his mic work issues.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1779607/ww...down-moment-may-be-end-of-wrestlemania-hopes/

Haven't seen it yet, but the article says:

Just what did Reigns say that would make the entire company face-palm and draw up a new main event?

Well, according to reports from individuals who were at the taping, he said Andre the Giant “never referred to himself as a giant” while cutting a promo directed at the Big Show.

The comment drew immediate guffaws, retweets, and reddit comments with fans speculating that perhaps Vince McMahon will have to take over writing Roman Reigns’ promos personally if he ever wants to ingratiate the character to fans and make him a major player.

Others wrote that they were hoping the reports were a joke, but when confirmed that they weren’t, had this to say.

“Remember how great ‘the strong and silent one’ Roman Reigns was? I’m starting to forget.”

“Perhaps these awful promos are Vince testing Roman’s ability or punishing Roman for something. Think about it: 90% of the roster has their promos completely scripted but no one comes close to having their promos as bad as Roman.”

On the squaredcircle subreddit, there were hundreds of comments having a field day at Reigns’ expense.

Some shared multiple instances of where Andre the Giant — one of the company’s most revered and recognizable legends — referred to himself as a giant (aside from the fact that “giant” is actually in the name that he answered to professionally).

“I don’t want to be a champion, I’m just happy being a giant. — Andre the Giant”

Why is this such a big deal? Critics will point out that Roman Reigns is the future face of the company, and the promo proves that he doesn’t understand some of the most basic history.

:facepalm:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
^How reliable is the Inquistr as a wrestling news site?

This particular article while bringing up valid points from this week's show does seem more like a Bleacher Report style opinion piece.

Not to mention that Vince has personally written Roman's promos since he returned from injury. He doesn't need to take over that duty, he already has.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If Reigns fucked up once, that doesn't mean he'll do it again. This also doesn't have to mean 'Shit, son. You just messed up your own promo. Kiss the WM main event goodbye.'

And for the record, Vince is (still) writing Reigns' promos. So, that's kinda on Vince, not completely on Roman.

But as far as Reigns not main eventing WM this year goes, I'm completely fine with that.
Still pulling for Bryan to win the Rumble and go on to headline WM.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
But weren't his promos scripted? Why is he being grilled for following a script?
Plus, like this is a big deal, lol. Didn't Cena say once that most of the audience was 9 years old? That's a lie, too.

Reactions: KITT

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
^How reliable is the Inquistr as a wrestling news site?

I have no clue. How reliable is ANY news site online really?

EDIT: I should've read the comments first anyway. Plenty of people saying the article is quoting what Reigns said incorrectly. Go Figure. I did say I hadn't seen it for myself yet anyway.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
But weren't his promos scripted? Why is he being grilled for following a script?
Plus, like this is a big deal, lol. Didn't Cena say once that most of the audience was 9 years old? That's a lie, too.

Yeah. Vince's ass should be grilled for that, not Roman's. The dude just said whatever crap was written in that promo by the good ole Vinnie Mac.

I lol'd at this, too. It's not a big deal at all.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
The promo itself. Quote is in the beginning. Yeah, sounds like the article got it wrong. My bad.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The promo itself. Quote is in the beginning. Yeah, sounds like the article got it wrong.

That was actually a good promo. Kudos, Roman. You're getting better on the mic by the week.

To whomever wrote that article on Inquistr - Screw you. Hope your next shite's a hedgehog.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dirtsheets digging up dirt to rack up hits? Playing on the silly mentality of childish "smart fans" that Roman doesn't have what it takes? Say it ain't so!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Dirtsheets digging up dirt to rack up hits? Playing on the silly mentality of childish "smart fans" that Roman doesn't have what it takes? Say it ain't so!
82e311a4ae2fa3723f8f3670de365644.gif

Reactions: KITT

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Trip that wasn't a dig at you, bud. Ive noticed this attitude the last 4-5 months all over the web pertaining to Roman.