Smackdown 1/22/2015 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE taped the January 22, 2014 episode of SmackDown from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas. Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers:

Dark match

* Sin Cara defeat Fandango

WWE SmackDown

* Michael Cole and Byron Saxton came out to a decent pop. Jerry Lawler got a huge pop.

* Daniel Bryan kicks off the show and introduces Ryback, Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan. The “fired” WWE Superstars return to a big pop. Rowan spoke and got the “what?” treatment. They’re interrupted by The Authority, minus Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. It’s announced that the three Superstars can get into the Royal Rumble main event if they win their matches tonight – Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett, Ryback vs. Rusev and Rowan vs. Luke Harper.

* Ziggler vs. Barrett in a non-title match is up first. Ziggler gets the win with a Zig Zag and earns his spot in the Royal Rumble match.

* Renee Young interviewed Roman Reigns about the Royal Rumble match. One correspondent said it actually wasn’t awful and another said Reigns is looking more confident on the mic.

* Ryback defeated Rusev by count out after what was said to be a good match. Ryback earns his spot in the Rumble main event. After the match, Rusev attacked and beat on Ryback but Ryback turned it around. Rusev avoided a Shellshocked attempt and retreated to the back.

* Brie Bella defeated Naomi in a short match. Nikki Bella was at ringside while Paige and Natalya were on commentary.

* Luke Harper defeated Erick Rowan after a missed top rope splash. Rowan does not qualify for the Royal Rumble.

* Backstage segment with The Miz and Damien Sandow, who are announced for the Rumble. There’s dissension between the two. Miz talks down at Sandow for the X-Pac segment on RAW.

* Kane vs. Daniel Bryan in a No DQ match is up next. Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out with Kane. Kane ended up tapping out but the referee didn’t call it for some reason. Mercury and Noble interfere. Bryan cleans house but kicks out of a chokeslam. Bryan comes back and gets the win, keeping his spot in the Royal Rumble. Big Show comes out and attacks Bryan. This leads to a huge brawl with the entire locker room coming out. The Superstars left standing after that brawl were Ziggler, Reigns, Bryan, Ryback, Big Show, Kane and Dean Ambrose. SmackDown ends with just the babyfaces standing tall.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/spoilers-live-wwe-smackdown-taping-results-for-12215#ixzz3PQoa9LgX

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sounds like an alright episode on paper, I hope they flashback to the X-Pacdow moment during the backstage segment.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sheamus didn't return last night? Shame.

But anyways, the episode doesn't seem bad at all. It looks okay, just like last week's episode... and all the typical/10, redundant BS is being kept to a minimum. Kewl, I'll be watching.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sheamus didn't return last night? Shame.

But anyways, the episode doesn't seem bad at all. It looks okay, just like last week's episode... and all the typical/10, redundant BS is being kept to a minimum. Kewl, I'll be watching.

Unfortunately not, he came out with a statement that basically said he has no definite date of return however he's itching to fight! I imagine he will be present for that Rumble match on Sunday or if he's not in it himself he will make his return felt in some way on Sunday no matter what.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well then. There goes my hope again for Rowan. Glad everybody else is in the rumble, seems like a good episode.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, he came out with a statement that basically said he has no definite date of return however he's itching to fight! I imagine he will be present for that Rumble match on Sunday or if he's not in it himself he will make his return felt in some way on Sunday no matter what.

Oh, cool.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Aw man no Big Red in the rumble? That's a bloody shame.

Yeah, mate. There'd better be a good reason behind it.

Well, then I guess this 'Big Red' could replace him.

1a1e8ea40377916f36da9885b4527985.png

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was surprised a bit regarding Rowan, but I guess it would have seemed hammier if all four anti authority guys won their matches. Rowan had to be the sacrificial lamb, so to speak. It sort of sucks because I like the guy for some odd reason I haven't been able to figure out yet.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Knowing Rowan loss I still think he'll make an impact on Royal Rumble in some way.. I don't see him being freshly re-hired and not fucking up someone in some way.