Singles Match Adam Freeman Vs Logan Matthews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
*The scene opens with IWF interviewer Carl Long standing in the IWF.com studios. He's wearing a black suit with a grey undershirt and standing in front of a video screen with the IWF logo.*

Carl: Hello everyone and welcome to an all new edition of IWF Today. Today we have an interview with the new sensation in IWF, "Hardcore Superstar" Logan Matthews. For those of you not familiar with Matthews, I have one question for you...Where the hell have you been the last two months? This guy has been EVERYWHERE. From the website, to the magazine, to Monday Night Mayhem. If you are an IWF fan, then you know about Logan Matthews. So today we have a very special IWF Today. We're going to take an inside look at this blazing newcomer and how he got to IWF.

*The scene switches to a low angle shot of Logan Matthews driving. All we can see is his head and the top part of his torso. He's wearing his now customary aviators and the brand new "Hardcore Superstar" shirt. His goatee was clearly trimmed recently but his hair is a bit shaggy.*

Logan: Growing up, making anything out of myself seemed impossible. My father left when I was very young. My mother raised me by herself. She was always working two jobs to make sure we had a roof over our heads, food to eat, and clothes on our backs. Eventually, when I got older, I started working to help out. I never really liked working so I got fired from a few jobs before I hit the streets. This next street, Chestnut...

*The camera shifts to show the road sign before shifting back to Matthews.*

Logan:...Was where I lost my best friend when I was 15. We were standing around, trying to make some sells, when a few goons came up to us. They pulled guns, asked for our money and product, which we gave them but Jarrell didn't know how to keep quiet. They started to walk away when he yelled "You aren't tough. You're just goons with guns. You're nothing." One of them turned around and shot him four times in the chest. I ran to the convenience store across the street and called for help but he died before the paramedics ever got there. That was my big wake-up call. It was hard to do what I was doing, looking the way I do, but watching my friend die, right there on the pavement, told me I needed to change.

*Matthews points to a school and the camera follows until he passes by.*

Logan: That's my old high school, Memphis Central. After the shooting I spent hours there, studying, doing homework, trying my hardest to get out of my situation. I graduated at the top of my class and got a few scholarships to the University of Memphis. I graduated at the top there too.

*Matthews starts to turn to the left and the scene shifts again. Now we're looking at Matthews from the back. We now see that he's wearing a pair of Louis Vuitton jeans and red and pink Nike "Air Yeezys." He's walking up to an old, broken down looking house that's painted yellow, but the vibrancy of the colour is long gone.*

Logan: This is the house I grew up in. For as long as I remember, it's looked like this. Mom did her best to make it look nicer, flowers in the front, new coat of paint, but it never looked the best. It never mattered though because it was home.

*Matthews steps onto the porch, which lets out a loud creaking noise. He opens a rusty looking screen door and knocks on peeling paint of the white door. He waits a few seconds and looks as though he's about to knock again when the door swings open. There is an elderly African American lady standing in the doorway. She can't be much taller than four feet, six inches tall. She looks puzzled as Matthews starts to speak.*

Logan: Hello ma'am. My name is Logan Matthews. I used to live here, now I'm the biggest wrestling star in the entire world. Would you mind if I brought the film crew in for a few minutes.

*The woman looks absolutely delighted.*

Woman: I thought I recognized you! My grandson watches you on TV every week! Please, please, come on it.

*She steps out of the way to allow Matthews and the crew in to her house. The living room is dimly lit and decorated with various knick-knacks. There are ceramic cats on the mantle, knitted doilies around, and antique looking furniture. Matthews doesn't stop in the living room and walks to a small bedroom to the right of the brightly lit kitchen. He turns the light on, revealing a small bed in the middle of the room, and posters on the wall. Lil Wayne is on one wall next to Barack Obama. On the opposite wall we see a Tennessee Titans poster right next to an IWF Roster poster featuring the likes of James Kash, Sam Caldwell, and Adam Freeman.*

Logan: This was my room growing up. I remember laying awake at night, listening to my mother cry in the kitchen because she didn't know how she was going to make the rent or electric bill that month. I would spent hours in this room, staring at the ceiling, day dreaming about getting out of here, or sitting at my desk, writing for hours and hours.

*Matthews flips the light off and walks back to the living room.*

Logan: I remember when I was little kid, sitting right there where that coffee table is, watching all my heroes on TV. "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Terry Funk, and of course Ric Flair. I knew when I was 5 what I wanted to be when I grew up. I just didn't know how to get there until I was a teenager...

*The scene changes to Matthews standing in front of a gym. It's white with an old sign sitting on top. The sign is so dirty that it can barely be read.*

Logan: This is where I came after I started straightening my life out. I needed an outlet for my aggression so I took up boxing but my true interest was in wrestling.

*Matthews walks to the door and walks in. Inside we can see many men working out on various bits of equipment and two men sparring in a ring in the background.*

Logan: That ring back there is where I started my training. I'd really like to show you where I finished it but IWF is too cheap to fly me and the crew to Canada, where the real wrestlers are. I came here everyday after school and as soon as I could, I got the hell out of this podunk gym and moved on to better things. I know a lot of you are asking what the point of all this was. Why would I take you around Memphis, to my old house, to my old gym. It's simple, I want to show you all what I got out of. I got out of the most hopeless part of the most hopeless city in the United States to become the best wrestler of the last fifteen years. Being in the IWF means everything to me. I will do anything to get on top of the heap. I am in the best in the world and it's time that IWF management and the IWF fans realize that. Adam Freeman, you may be one of the top dogs here but it's time for someone to put you down. It is my destiny to become IWF World Heavyweight Champion and no one will stand in my way. This Monday night is my first step towards my destiny.

*The scene fades to black.*

Adam.Freeman

Reaction score
Scene opens ups at the side of a lake surrounded by tree’s and paths, the place isn’t in the middle of nowhere just half a mile north of a main road. Occasionally the headlights from the cars can be seen blazing through the trees. It is dark and the sun has set after another cold and miserable day in England. Snow has been falling a lot more than usual, leaving its mark in areas that are dry. But for now at least, the snow has stopped falling and the skies have cleared leaving the moonlight and its reflection shining in the calm waters of the lake. There is a gentle breeze blowing from time to time but it seems like a perfect night, with the odd sound from an owl, the odd rustle in the tree, and the roar of a car engine as it speeds up the road ahead. Standing at the edge of the lake is a figure. The figure stands at 5 foot 11, and is wearing a black hoodie. As the camera gets closer the identity of the figure becomes clear, of course its IWF veteran Adam Freeman. He takes of his hood exposing his brown hair with blonde streets; its not styled but lays flat on his head. He then looks around for a dry patch to sit down and then does so pulling his legs to his chest and looks into the depths of the water.

Freeman: Right now I can sit here in the silence of the night and put everything to the back of my head, the being screwed out of the championship, and the on goings with fellow superstar Biggs. I have cast it all aside. My journey so far in the IWF hasn’t been an easy one, and its one that I don’t expect to get easier as the months ahead past. But right now I have a goal, I have a mission that none of you out there will understand the same way I do. I have a goal to become the best in the world, not just the IWF. My mind has been focused on other things in the past month or so, and on Monday its time for a change. The IWF has entered a new era, were under new management, but its still going to be Freeman that’s going to shine.

Freeman picks up a small pebble from the ground and launches it into the river creating ripples to disturb the surface of the water. Freeman then stands up.

Freeman: Not too long ago, everything was going really well for me, it couldn’t get any better. The fans saw what I was about and decided to get behind me; I went to a new level in that ring and became one of the best in the company. Months later that’s all changed and I don’t like it. My path towards the championship has taken the highroad, and I’m left here to pick up the pieces. But I will pick up the pieces and get back on track. Not Biggs, not any one can change whats destiny and my destiny is to win championships.

Freeman smiles as though he is reliving the moment from previous experience.

Freeman: Logan Matthews, this week you comes face to face with the IWF’s Saviour. You have been impressive on your road so far in the IWF, no one can doubt that, but this week your going to be tested in ways you have never been tested, your taking a big leap going in the ring with me. You have beaten everyone that has stood in your way so far, there’s no doubt that you have the potential of a champion and in years to come you may very well be winning titles. But on Monday, that little dream you have will vanish for now, you will be brought back into the reality of this world and that reality is you’re not ready to be in the ring with the likes of me just yet. I don’t care about your childhood experiences, I don’t care about your little flashbacks you have from traumatic experiences. It’s all about what happens in the ring this week, everything else doesn’t matter. I realise this is a huge opportunity for you to make a statement, but its not going to happen this week. This week your shoulders will rather be pinned to the mat, or you will experience the pain of the walls and be forced to tap out in the ring. Do you understand what I am telling you Logan Matthews? Your 15 minutes of fame will see you on the end of a beatdown, and when you lose I will beat you down the next time your opportunity comes because I can. Its not about the fans, its not about the monkeys backstage with their video cameras, its about what you do in that ring. I hope you think you are ready, take me to my limit because you’ll definitely have to pull something special out of the bag this week. See you in the ring.

Freeman laughs which seems completely out of characters. He then walks of crunching the remains of the snow as the scene fades.

Status
Not open for further replies.