Simple. Agree or disagree?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
What if they combined the Intercontinental Title and the US Title into something like the Television Title (doesn't really matter what the name is, just combine the titles). Then, they could have a tournament to crown the new champion. After that, the new champion is allowed to compete on both Smackdown and Raw, so this way they can further progress his character (like Ryback for example). The title can be defended every PPV/Raw or Smackdown after PPV (so there is time to build up a feud). This way, the title will have much more prestige because A) there is now only one title for mid-carders to go after B) it's defended twice a month (out of four possible times, I might add). This could help someone like Dolph Ziggler or Justin Gabriel, etc. get the push that they really need but have not gotten just yet. Also, let's say Ziggler has the new title that is combined. More people will be focused n one Ziggler than they would if there was both the US and Intercontinental titles around because there is now only one champion.

If this all did happen, here are the people I'd say that should get the new title. A) Dolph Ziggler - can sell very well/has needed a push for a while now/good time to push his heel character with Vickie being his manager, he gains a lot of heat B) Kofi Kingston - has a lot of talent/high-flyer which entertains everyone/people like his character so why not give him a title and run with it? C) Ryback - like others mentioned, it would give his undefeated streak much more credibility D) Cody Rhodes - he has needed a push for a while now. There are definitely more than that who are worthy and deserving of carrying that title, but those are the ones who first came to mind and also, in my opinion, would get the title first. What do you guys think about this whole idea? ... Good or not, and any flaws to it? Feel free to speak your mind about this. :)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin, the PPV that they can cash in is once a year. It means we'd have one storyline per year with the IC championship which would be a main event type storyline where they can cash it in and try and get the big title. All the rest is using it as it already is, as a testing ground...

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
R'Albin, the PPV that they can cash in is once a year. It means we'd have one storyline per year with the IC championship which would be a main event type storyline where they can cash it in and try and get the big title. All the rest is using it as it already is, as a testing ground...

I see. I've warmed to it slightly in that case. I guess it could work.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Only problem I have with it is, what if someone like Khali gets the title right before Summerslam...

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just unify the IC and US Titles and make the IC Title feel important again by involving it in feuds that feel like they matter. I don't like the idea of other titles being used just as a shot at another title.

Reaction score
NO NO NO :upset:

First of all why has santino got the US belt >.<

They need to put more effort into the mid card area, Santino defending it on a pre show was a joke.
So now theyve killed that title i agree with merging the belt to create a new belt, but they would have to create good storys around it rather than be lazy and hope it works.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
"Imagine the potential storylines. Discuss."

This is WWE. Belts mean NOTHING.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
"Imagine the potential storylines. Discuss."

This is WWE. Belts mean NOTHING.

:true:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I absolutely, 100%, love this and cannot agree with you more.

My biggest issue with the mid-card belts were the fact that they felt completely pointless, to the point where the only thing they accomplish is keep deserving superstars like Cody Rhodes and Christian OUT of the Main Event, and most people who hold those belts go nowhere after they lose them while guys like ADR get main-event pushes after never even laying eyes on them. But if the fans could see the belt as an actual stepping stone to stardom, that's the only way those belts should even stay around. They have to do something to make them feel relevant or retire them IMO, and this is almost perfect. Plus, with this stipulation hanging over their heads, the midcard as a whole will feel more relevant simply due to that, AND UnCreative can't collectively bury the entire midcard all at once because they have this stipulation hanging over their heads. This is fantastic!

The one thing I would change is: Instead of "at this certain PPV, the IC champion gets a WWE Title Shot" how about "If you defend the IC championship every month and are able to keep it for 4 or 6 months, you get a shot at the WWE Championship"

The WWE Championship means you're the best wrestler and biggest star in the company right now. (With no brand split, the WHC means nothing) You've worked your way to the top of the mountain, and accompished the dream of every aspiring wrestler. Of course it means something.

Reactions: Farooq
Reaction score
Rainman said:
I absolutely, 100%, love this and cannot agree with you more.

My biggest issue with the mid-card belts were the fact that they felt completely pointless, to the point where the only thing they accomplish is keep deserving superstars like Cody Rhodes and Christian OUT of the Main Event, and most people who hold those belts go nowhere after they lose them while guys like ADR get main-event pushes after never even laying eyes on them. But if the fans could see the belt as an actual stepping stone to stardom, that's the only way those belts should even stay around. They have to do something to make them feel relevant or retire them IMO, and this is almost perfect. Plus, with this stipulation hanging over their heads, the midcard as a whole will feel more relevant simply due to that, AND UnCreative can't collectively bury the entire midcard all at once because they have this stipulation hanging over their heads. This is fantastic!

The one thing I would change is: Instead of "at this certain PPV, the IC champion gets a WWE Title Shot" how about "If you defend the IC championship every month and are able to keep it for 4 or 6 months, you get a shot at the WWE Championship"

The WWE Championship means you're the best wrestler and biggest star in the company right now. (With no brand split, the WHC means nothing) You've worked your way to the top of the mountain, and accompished the dream of every aspiring wrestler. Of course it means something.

I agree with that yes, Retire IC aand US make another and yeah somet like if you defend the belt 4 times you become number 1 contender or something?