Showtime folks?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
In the video below, Sting talks to IGN at the San Diego Comic Con today.

Sting called today’s appearance a momentous occasion. He was asked about his plans in WWE for the future and he said he’s open for anything and has been very public about getting back in the ring one more time. He reiterated that he wants to face The Undertaker but just wants one more match. Sting said Hulk Hogan called him a few months ago and planted a few seeds for his debut with the company.

Sting’s WWE appearance today was set up by Mattel, not 2K Sports or WWE, F4Wonline.com reports.

Speculation aside.....The reaction he gets and hype that surrounds him, just makes me pissed off that this didn't happen 10 years ago. All the potential feuds he could've had, all the potential crazy moments he could've had. All those years of missed opportunity makes me hate TNA for even existing.

Thinks? Thoughts? Ideas? Agree? Fuck you? What?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't want him to do too much because he's past his time, but a few appearances will be completely okay with me.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I will want that Sting/Taker match until the day one of them dies. I don't care if they are 80 years old in wheelchairs, I will still want to see it.

They may be past their primes, but with both given proper time to plan a match these two could have match of the century, tell an amazing story, with both men getting that last big moment in the ring, giving the fans what they have waited decades to see. Plus, thanks to Brock Lesnar, the match can take place at Mania and still have that anyone could win feel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sting works light and would be easier to work with than his last few opponents, they both can get away with smoke and mirrors and are over as fuck, so they don't have to kill each other to get huge reactions.

Imagine the Tombstone spots by these two and the crowd going apeshit over kicking out of the Scorpion Deathdrop, or Stinger Splash, and the Scorpion Deathlock? A match between Taker and Sting wouldn't stink out the building because they are old. Older means more experienced.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Personally, I'd rather see Taker just walk away but if he were to have one more match, I guess Sting would be the best opponent considering it's a match people have been clamoring for since Vince bought WCW. I was a part of that group too until Brock broke the streak. Up until that point, Taker and The Streak were a spectacle. Now that the streak is gone, so is the spectacle. At least in my eyes.

Sting sounds adamant on it happening and he sounds like he doesn't want to work with anyone else. So if they can convince Taker, it'll happen. If it does, it'll be a decent match considering the parties involved. I'm just not as excited to see it as I was 6 months ago

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Taker is still much more than the streak, I wish that shit was done along time ago. That thing shouldn't be the only thing that defines him imo, he is still the most respected guy in WWE, the best big men and the greatest gimmick that WWE has ever come up with.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yes he's more than the streak. Fact of the matter is, that is the only thing that has defined him over the past 4 years or so. Hard to escape that stigma when that's the only time you're working.

And tell me I'm wrong when I say that a Undertaker-Sting match at Mania holds as much weight now as it would have if Brock never broke the Streak.

Weez

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Sting in an On-air role of some sort. Shit, make it 96/97 again and just have him chilling in the rafters staring people down. OBVIOUSLY no Zip-line to the ring shit *cough*, but why not. I'd do it for months, again... maybe some vignettes about random shit. If you look at the guy, he's obviously been hitting the gym. He looks in better shape than I've seen him in in years.

Dude... Have the Undertaker show up the Raw after Royal Rumble after months of this Sting shit. Taker hits the ring, talks about retiring, blah blah blah. WWE needs to hire out the entire front row, ALL the way around the ring. He starts talking. ... And the lights go out ON TAKER. Those Violins start playing, as the lights slowly fade up, and the entire ringside is surrounded with people in those Sting masks that are about to sell like hotcakes in the WWE. All the way down the Ramp with those Masks... THEN the titantron goes nuts with pyro and Sting comes out... THAT is the Staredown I want to see. Sting gaming Taker at his own game. THATS what it needs to be.

Fuck sake, give me Vince's number. This needs to happen.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hell I want Vince's number so he could use my Network idea, I wouldn't even want any money from it, just something I want as a consumer.

I would take money if offered tho, I'm a mark.......Not Blue.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I would be up for about three matches from Sting, one a rumble appearance, two against Taker (although I don't know if I would have it at Mania what with the streak gone and all), and three against someone like Punk or Bryan, maybe Cena in a gimmick match.

I get the impression that he and Vince are a long way off a deal, and this is all media buzz, and Sting just keeping his name out there. It wouldn't surprised me if Sting never wrestled for WWE and was just signed to a legends contract. Wait and see for me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The man himself is saying "now or never".....not "we couldn't agree on a deal" like he was saying the past couple of years.

He signed a 2k deal, and Mattel deal, WWE deal to get those fat royalty checks is just around the corner.