• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should we add "WWF Classics" section?

A "WWF Classics" section?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
I read a feedback post on another forum recently (Solidus, well known webmaster), and he pointed out to me there's no clear place to talk about the history of WWE, especially the WWF/Attitude Era. It's no doubt the most popular era, it'll definitely encourage lots of discussion, debate & fantasies there and more importantly I'm sure most of you will enjoy it.

However, there is already a section where you can discuss all this (General WWE section), and I'm personally a big fan of limiting the amount of sections as much as I can really until we have to add another due to the amount of discussion on that topic. So as you can see I'm completely torn, and when I'm completely torn I tend to fall back on my members to see what they want. So it's up to you, I've added a poll. Please vote, then reply with what you voted and why, and perhaps suggest another idea around this subject.

It could be fixed perhaps with a simple rename of the "General WWE" section, if you think so; reply and tell me what we could change it too. It's all down to whether you want a specific section where you can indefinitely talk about the history of the WWE/WWF.

-Crayo

Solidus1

eXit
Absolutely.
The fan base was much larger back then, and I guarantee there are many others like myself who are able to only discuss that era.
There aren't many sections right now, one more will do no harm.
I suggest you split it up into WWE and WWF (maybe call it Attitude Era to be safe). Maybe specify what years the attitude era was too to avoid wrongly placed threads.

--
OT suggestion:
A section for only videos. Great for those wanting to watch some matches. You could require that users post a [TNA], [WWE] or [WWF] prefix with the superstars involved and event as the title. Easy browsing.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
voted no if people wanted to discuss the past can't they go in the old superstars / ppv section?

Crayo

The Boss
Solidus said:
Absolutely.
The fan base was much larger back then, and I guarantee there are many others like myself who are able to only discuss that era.
There aren't many sections right now, one more will do no harm.
I suggest you split it up into WWE and WWF (maybe call it Attitude Era to be safe). Maybe specify what years the attitude era was too to avoid wrongly placed threads.

--
OT suggestion:
A section for only videos. Great for those wanting to watch some matches. You could require that users post a [TNA], [WWE] or [WWF] prefix with the superstars involved and event as the title. Easy browsing.

Problem with calling it Attitude Era is that it will limit it predominantly down to AE discussion. What if people want to talk about before that era? Once again it'll be difficult and people would cry out for a section about that. I think "WWF Classics" is a safe section name, it covers all of the past and we can always add in prefixes for Attitude Era and era's before that (Ruthless Agression era I think one was called).

In reply to the OT suggestion: Dunno if that would need its own section, once again we could just use prefixes to add "Video" for example in all wrestling sections. In "Other Wrestling" I'll add TNA, RoH, NJPW prefixes too. God, I love prefixes.

seabs said:
voted no if people wanted to discuss the past can't they go in the old superstars / ppv section?

That section will limit discussion to one particular superstar, or a PPV. What if someone wanted to talk about The Rock vs Stone Cold feud in whole for example? Or any other of the classic AE discussions. Currently the only place is "General WWE", but I do believe that is not specific enough. Moving more towards adding this section, still want some more feedback.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Won't it be better to rename the past ppv / superstar discussion to wwe history / past superstars ? I mean that section doesn't have a lot of activity so far so rather then having two sections just have one section for all the history ? Then if there is alot of activity add in sub sections such as ae? Even add in some prefixes for them ?

Crayo

The Boss
seabs said:
Won't it be better to rename the past ppv / superstar discussion to wwe history / past superstars ? I mean that section doesn't have a lot of activity so far so rather then having two sections just have one section for all the history ? Then if there is alot of activity add in sub sections such as ae? Even add in some prefixes for them ?

That would mean adding sub-sections to a sub-section. That's the bad thing. Also, it's hidden away. I always find sub forums are less active, because some people just don't notice them. I'm guilty of that myself. I could just rename it "Old PPV discussion", but its main purpose would be to move the older discussion threads (for example our TLC discussion thread would go there).

More I talk about it the more I think it would probably be better to add a WWE Classics section, whether we call it WWF or not is to be seen. WWE would mean we could most more recent history in there, like 04-09 events that you thought were pretty outstanding. Might amaze a few of the older fans.

Keep discussing it though, want all members to be on board with this :).

Crayo

The Boss
So is WWE. But will most likely not use WWF anyway. What's your opinion on the potential section though?

Tzesi

The Artiste
seabs said:

I believe the attitude era, as one of the best times of WWE, deserves its own section.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Tzesi said:
I believe the attitude era, as one of the best times of WWE, deserves its own section.

How much discussion would there be though? The quality of the era is no relevant point as to whether it's worth a section or even will have much interest.

Crayo

The Boss
Well it won't be solely on AE that's the point. Generally, the history of the WWE creates lots of discussions, as you can talk about whatever. You can re-live an event and discuss how good/bad it was. You can discuss how differently you would of booked one event. A section like "WWE Classics" or "WWE History" could be good, with prefixes for Attitude Era, Ruthless Agression Era, etc.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
I was originally skeptical but from your responses Crayo I'm starting to think this is a really good idea. Especially the prefixes idea. Would it be possible to filter threads to a certain prefix eg AE if I wanted to just view threads regarding that subject?

Crayo

The Boss
Not sure if it is possible, but that's a good idea for a feature perhaps in the future if it's not. I'll look around for a bit to see for sure whether it's do-able.

Now you're on board, what potential section names then?

WWE Classics
WWE History
Attitude Era (limited though)