Should Undertaker win the US title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Undertaker and Mid Card title doesnt go hand in hand at all, it would insult Taker's Legacy.

I imagine some people would've said that about his Hardcore Titl ereign, but he made that shit work.

I would only be for this if it wound up putting a mid card star over huge.

Example:

Heel 'Taker starts feud with current US champion.

UT wins US title strictly to humiliate the face.

Face turns up the heat and takes it viciously back at 'Taker

Face wins back US title and UT moves on to the next feud.

This gives both the face and the US title a nice rub, and its a very temporary angle as it is.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
It could work but it's the Undertaker and he's very picky so I doubt that. I was gonna say 'Where the fuck did that thought come from (Taker and US Title)' but then I thought about it. But there have been older legendary wrestlers that have one the secondary title, Ric Flair. Then again the US title is like the 4-5th most prestigious title and Undertaker is above that so.. yea.

ice_edged

Reaction score
taker is best in main scene event or putting over potentiells like kennedy and mvp which he did briliantlly..there is no reason for him to hold US title what so ever..if he sgoing that means hes going after whc and nothing else

Enigma22

Reaction score
how about they try to make the ic title or us title more prestigious and give it to people like taker, kane, hbk, kennedy, and even cena sometime after he loses his wwe championship.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I just can't see a situation where Taker would be put in the postion to even win the US title. I think he'll be in the main event/world title scene for the remainder of his career.

C4

What made you think that Undertaker would make a good US Champion? Like dude, it cannot get any worse. The United States Championship is nothing it's worth nothing and is just to fill up some Championship Matches. Remember Chris Benoit being the US Champion?

Reaction score
undertaker should win the ic title to bring back some glory to the intercontinental division,he could have a decent feud with people like umaga and jeff hardy.As for the us title why not but in my book it's more of a wcw title than a wwe title and undertaker has been in wwe for 17 years so ic gold would be better.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
What made you think that Undertaker would make a good US Champion? Like dude, it cannot get any worse. The United States Championship is nothing it's worth nothing and is just to fill up some Championship Matches. Remember Chris Benoit being the US Champion?

I'd actually disagree with you there. Unlike The Intercontinental Title, The US Title in the past 4 years has been one of if not WWE's most prestigious title's. Pretty much all the champions have either been seasoned Main Event Veterans (Benoit, Booker, Big Show) or a step up for talent who actually went on to win the Big 1 (Cena, Eddie).

If you look at the recent champions, only one has been pretty bad which was Orlando Jordan & even then i quite liked him!

Switchy

Reaction score
The only time I would say Taker should win the US title is in a few years when he is far past his peak and near retiring, a bit like Ric Flair. Nobody is really criticising that Flair is midcarding so once Taker reaches that point no-one will then probably. There will be plenty of stars like Elijah Burke who have risen by then so I reckon that would be the right time imo.

JHar888

Reaction score
No dude. Undertaker is not in MVP's league. Maybe that's because he defeated Batista at WrestleMania 23? Or maybe it's because he defeated Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, Triple H, and The Rock, some on which were various occasions? I'm basically saying that it's a down grade for him to be a U.S. Champion. He's at the level where you aren't just quite good enough for the World Heavyweight Title, but way too good for the U.S. Title.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
I think he should focus on the tag team titles and dominate the smackdown tag division with Kane until Khali & Henry get wise and dethrone them. Or WWE could give Taker Multiple belts to as a last hurrah sort of thing. I mean lets face it. I'd be surprised to see undertaker make it to the end of two more years.

Jobber to the Stars

Reaction score
What purpose would it serve? Just to allow Mr. No Sell to say he's a triple crown? Whoopy do. Seriously, there's a decent mid-card of talent on Smackdown right now (Plaumbo, Dykstra, Matt Hardy, MVP, Finlay, and so forth) that could wrestle for it, there's really no reason to have him hold it just for the sake of holding it. Yeah, he could easily kick, punch, and no sell his way over MVP, but ...(here's the key point)...what purpose would it serve?

tazdoo1

Reaction score
Leave the title for Hardy to win , Taker needs to reclaim his belt that Edge stole from him

LKP

Undertaker wil not win the us title. Why would someone even make a thread about this? ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.