Should Smackdown move back to Thursdays?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seeing as NBC is the lowest rated network of the big 4 these days, it wouldn't hurt them to put Smackdown in their line up. Couldn't put Raw on their because they are pretty established on USA.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Not to mention that they have that contract. Also worth mentioning that Sci-Fy is part of the NBC umbrella company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smackdown is on a two year contract with the option of a third year with Syfy. The deal was announced on April 12, 2010 so there is still eleven months to go in the deal before they can consider moving.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Sorry should have been more specific. RAW moving to NBC will not happen. Not only are they established on USA, but they have a long term contract.

Lucky

Reaction score
Well I think you guys are failing to realize that they're all owned by the same people. If NBC wants ratings theres no reason why they can't just put Raw on NBC if they want to. I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind that either as I'm sure it'd be a bit of a pay raise.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think it would be a good pairing, since the WWE is finally being called that by lamestream media outlets instead of WWF like its was most of the 00s. It could briung in a different demographic, a much older demographic, whose kids didn't know about WWE because their parents didn't like the Attitude Era and they were fans in the 80s. Could garner a strong buzz initially, it would just be up to WWE to capitalize on it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well I think you guys are failing to realize that they're all owned by the same people. If NBC wants ratings theres no reason why they can't just put Raw on NBC if they want to. I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind that either as I'm sure it'd be a bit of a pay raise.

Yes all the stations are owned by the same company but each individual channel is run as a seperate entity. They aren't going to break a five year contract for RAW on USA to move it to NBC. The contracts will be run and then at the end of it they would consider moving it to NBC.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
On his Twitter account Ted Linhart, who is the Vice President of Program Research at The USA Network, was asked about the possibility of Raw moving from USA to NBC, as the broadcast network in the NBC Universal empire has been ratings-challenged of late. He replied, " Doesnt really work that way. NBC not able to move it, USA owns the rights to air & is very important part of our lineup."

This confirms what I have been saying. Even though they are owned by the same company each channel is run seperately and can't take a show from another channel. Maybe NBC will bid for RAW/Smackdown once the contracts expire.