WrestleMania Should Rollins cash in and LOSE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TPGWLW

Jobber
Reaction score
Now hear me out.
Hang on.
Hear me out, guys.

Truth is, Lesnar should retain, right? Breaking the streak is the sort of thing that should make Lesnar go on a tear throughout the entire roster, but since wasting the Deadman he's fought:

Cena.
Cena.
Cena. (and his blonde-streaked sidekick bad pup, Mutley)

Surely there's more to his reign than that, especially with the Reigns experiment going as lukewarm as it is. If they keep the title on Lesnar, prolonged this strange, but unique and kinda mesmerising absentee champion thing, then surely they have to keep the title on him for a while. He's still got Orton, Bryan, Sheamus, Wyatt to have great matches with. He should keep it til at least Summerslam, probably next Wrestlemania. THAT's worth sacrificing the streak to.

So Rollins' briefcase time limit will expire anyway. Why not have him beat Orton then, full of confidence, cash-in after Reigns gives it his all and loses. But WHOOPS, up pops Brock, F5, pin. Solidify Brock as a cast-iron bulletproof badarse by having him beat both Shieldmembers on the same night? Big Wrestlemania moment, Rollins can snap, go into panic mode. He's no longer the guarantee future and he wigs out. Interesting route to go?

Or am I full of shit on this one?

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Vince McDonald

The Artiste
Reaction score
No, they will keep the briefcase on Rollins until after WM. He will definitely successfully cash in, no doubt.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This represents my whole dilemma with the entire title situation right now. On one hand, I'm crossing my fingers for Brock to retain at Wrestlemania on Sunday and keep it at least until Summerslam (or Wrestlemania 32, but there's no way Brock is working enough dates a year to justify keeping the strap on him that long), but on the other hand, the only practical way that's happening is if Rollins fails his cash-in, which is something I absolutely do not want to happen. I've been waiting for the day that Seth cashes that baby in ever since he won it, and I've pretty much been pinning my hopes on him being the first man in history to do it on the grand stage of Wrestlemania.

So, it's kind of a no-win situation in terms of what I'd like to see, but if I were forced to choose between the two, I'd go with Seth cashing in. I want these past ten months of Seth being The Authority's golden boy to pay off with him winning the championship and going on a long reign with it.

It's all futile anyway really, as I would still put all reasonable odds on Reigns winning the strap from Brock on Sunday. And if Seth ends up having an unsuccessful cash-in, you can bet it'll be because Reigns becomes the first man to survive a cash-in, not because Brock F-5's Seth's dreams of cashing in into the depths of hell or something.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Nah, IMO, they can give Rollins the title and build up the IC and US titles so that when Brock returns at maybe Summerslam or later on, they can have Brock appear limited dates as the champion and Bryan/Cena can be main eventing PPVs with built up challengers.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yes, I like Rollins and all as a future talent but.. have him fail the cash in.. Brock needs to just WRECK FACE! or Reigns.. either way I'd be pleased.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm all for more failed cash ins. Brock would be the perfect guy to appear vulnerable but then wind up still kicking your ass.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd absolutely hate it if Rollins were to cash in and lose.

Let Rollins cash in at Mania, then Rollins could have his own little 'reign of terror' till SummerSlam where he'd drop it back to either Reigns or Lesnar.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm all about the failed cash in. He's going to be up top for a long, long time. Get the Shield angle to finish and keep it on your golden boy (not you shadow) for the next year. Rollins will be facing big names in the next few years IMO, before being big enough to just have big name matches continually. Have him fail with it, and don't compare it to the previous years version, or the year before. Rollins cannot win the belt at WM, it's made for the face crowd. THe night after the Authority is broken Heyman jumps ship with rollins? Hell yeah.

I'd be juiced to see Bork win but refuse to become the new leader of the authority, before being cheated out of his belt the night after. Huge shot in the dark and don't believe it myself tbh. Just fanfic from my jumbled mind.

Reactions: Red Rain

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think it would be a dreadful idea. If they don't plan on having Rollins win the title tonight, then he shouldn't cash in.

My reasoning is that Wrestlemania is already looking like a "crush the heel fest." We can assume Cena will beat Rusev, effectively ending the no pinfall or submission angle. Sting is going to beat Triple H, the overlord of the heels. Undertaker is likely going to beat Bray Wyatt. Daniel Bryan seems to be the IC title favorite. Not enough people are concerned about the tag titles or the battle royal to really consider them.

So it all comes down to two matches, Orton vs Rollins and Lesnar vs Reigns. Of course the prevailing opinion seems to be Reigns defeats Lesnar. If that happens, and Rollins cashes in and loses, than you have a complete wash of heels in a roster short on heels to begin with.

I think a lot of it depends on Orton vs Rollins. If Orton wins, then I think Rollins cashes in and will win. If Rollins wins, then the cash in and loss MIGHT be feasible... but still, it's an awful idea to decimate all your heels in one night.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
isn't Mania always faces owning heels?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Generally not to the complete exclusion of them.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I'm torn, I want all 3 guys to be champion. Probably Brock more than others, so I say yes.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Seth Rollins has been the focus of the show, one way or another, for the better part of year. Why would he lose it? To kill his career? Just my opinion; I say no.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain