Should I get hte PS3 or Xbox 360

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Rumors of a $399 40 gig PS3 are out I hear from my friend. The 360 Pro is also 399. Im gonna ask for one of these for Xmas and am leaning towards the ps3. It comes with free internet, has blu ray, and has more exclusives. SvR08, MGS4, God of War 3, Ninja Gaiden as the only ones I'm really interested in. I dont have an HD-TV so the graphics wont really matter. Is this the better choice? Am asking because I dont know much about this kinda stuff.

Kassidy

Reaction score
lol truth no, there is only a 60gb PS3 and its 499, and then there 3 kinds of 360s a core 360 for 300, a pro for 400 and the elite for 479. the elite has a 120 gb. I would tell you to get a 360, its cheaper and has the same games as PS3 and it has more exclusives. I have a ps3 and i dont have one game for it, 360 has better online play also.

SVR 08 comes out for all systems and mgs4 doesnt come out till next year, god of war not coming out any time soon and ninja gaden already came out for the xbox its the same game ported to the ps3. if graphics dont matter i say go for the 360 if they do matter by end of next year i say ps3

Truth

Reaction score
Nah what I ment is that a 40 gig for $399 is rumored to come out later this year since they stopped selling the 20 and 60 gig PS3's. If thats the case ps3 is definetly the answer. Only exclusives Xbox has that I care about is Halo 3 and Mass Effect and those two I can live without. Ps3 has the internet which I dont really need but its still good to have especially since its free, and the PS3 store where I can download demo for games. Not to mention the 360 malfunctions a little to much. I dont care about online play either Im not going to do it much. I guess I have my mind set on the PS3 but just wanted some other opinions so I dont waist my Xmas gift.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ oh well still no lol they are coming out with a 80 gb and its 700 and the 60 is going back up to 600 in a lil while

ncryan10

Reaction score
xbox 360 is better to me because xbox live pwns ps3 online

Kassidy

Reaction score
well again thats now, ps3 doesnt suck it just needs time to develop, PS3 will kick ass in time. its new online looks amazing but it wont be for a while

Reaction score
360 right now...but when game makers figure out how to use the blu ray disc...OH MY GOD. Xbox will need 2 more versions to catch up when that happens...but ya right now...you can get everything ps3 has to offer on 360.

Eb has refurbished 360s for 299 and refurbished ps3s for 369 FYI

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ blu ray has nothing to do with gaming, dont know how many times i have to say this lol it has nothing to do with gfx or gameplay there is just more room on the disc to have more stuff like for longer games, more levels and so on

Wordlife

^^^yeah i agree wit em... but i just gotta 360 and its great, plus xboxlive is da best, even though you have to pay for it, but you get alot of things for your bargain, idk, if you want ps3 thats cool, its really good too, but for my opinion, id have to say 360 dude

phantomgerald

Ps3 without a doubt. I think the graphics are nicer and the xbox 360 runs a higher risk of being a faulty machine. Plus, I think the ps3 looks nicer

PeepShow

I guess I just dont get why ppl are bashing the PS3 so much. I hear people wanting to get a 360 and just a blu-ray player by itself. Now, it just have to ask myself this question. How fucking stupid are you ppl. Even if you dont game, just get a PS3 if you want a blu-ray player. A regular blu-ray player itself costs 1000 dollars right now. A PS3 as of now costs 599. Now, Im no genius but which is the better deal? hmmmmm........:g:

Anyways, as for the 360 vs PS3, thats your call. What have you gotten in the past? PS or x-box? I myself have stayed loyal to Sony and they havnet let me down. IMO, the PS3 is the better way to go, but then again, Ive never even had a X-Box........

Truth

Reaction score
Plain out, if the 40 gig Ps3 comes out and its $399 its a no brainer. I dont care about xbox live, plus PS3 live is free. I would never get a refurbished 360 because it would malfunction without a doubt. If i get the 360 I gotta buy accessories for it to run properly and thats to much.

Oasis

Reaction score
Plain out, if the 40 gig Ps3 comes out and its $399 its a no brainer. I dont care about xbox live, plus PS3 live is free. I would never get a refurbished 360 because it would malfunction without a doubt. If i get the 360 I gotta buy accessories for it to run properly and thats to much.

You don't have to buy any acessories to make it run properly. And who cares if it malfunctons, Microsoft put a five year warranty on every 360(it's been out for like 2) so you can send it in and wait a week to get a brand new one. Oh and on a 360 you can download demos and movies and shit. So yeah i'd go with an Xbox but it's up to you.......