Should HHH or HBK won at WM 20?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

no.. Benoit earned that WM 20 win...

i was disappointed the way he lost it.. Not that he losted it to orton(that orton/benoit match was **** imo great match).. but the fact that orton lost it a month later was very :smh to man that Benoit has beaten numerous times of 2004...

I felt that hurt benoit as it hurt orton...

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Orton was buried by the one month reign or the title loss specifically... He was royally fucked over both at Unforgiven 04 and at RR05... That's not being buried, that's the storyline, that's falling victim to the companies biggest heel and his crew (not Paul Levesque & Vince McMahaon). Largely, the thing that fucked Orton up was he was shit as a face (whether or not he still would be is another matter), I mean, they turned him heel again by the following March, yet during that same time frame he still notably beat Batista for a title shot AND won his SSeries match against HHH's team.

IMO peeps assesment of the Orton/Evo split is waaaaay too influenced by the usual rumours of backstage politics.

HHH is being fucked over 3-on-1 right now, but I don't see anyone bitching that HHH is getting "buried"....

Taker lost the title back to Hogan less than a week after he won it for the first time and didn't get another sniff for about 6 years.... He buried too was he?

[Sorry, dipset, most of that wasn't aimed specifically AT you....]

Maybe eddie guerrero title win could of been saved at mania 20 instead of NWO..

But then again everyone would of knew eddie was going win due to the fact lesnar was leaving the company to nfl...

I think the reason was specifically more to do with WWE not being about to trust Brock to be taking the strap into WM seeing as he had one foot out of the door. I doubt very much Vince relished the idea of another Montreal Screwjob, especially in an era with so little Kayfaybe... The prospect of Brock sabotaging the match by shooting on Eddie and walking out with the title could have been completely catastrophic (even compared to 1997)...

On a seperate note; I'm curious...

Not that I expect any anyone to know the truth, but was Eddie even in-line for that title? ...Rhetorically speaking, was Eddie in the right place at the right time?

Would be pretty ironic, given how much shit Rey get's for HIS WHC reign. LOL

Antony_nz

Reaction score
This is a very intresting thread. But we have to realise WWE did not know about the Chris Benoit killings intill after he won the title.

straight_edge76

Beniot was right to win. The WWE I think was (and this is in no way a slap in the face of him) in need of a transitional champion. Everyone was tired of Trips with the belt. They needed to get HHH away from the title for a few months. That was all Ortobn and Beniots runs in 2004 were for.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
I was being a smart ass. Of course Benoit should of won the belt. Hes one of the best workers in wrestling history. Period!
Theres no dabate. If Hbk won the title during the match there would have been riots!
But should of benoit had the WM20 title shot? Yes. Of course. There was no dabateing in back then and theres no dabateing it now.

Should it have been Cena or Batista. Shit no. I dont think we evan need to talk about that.
What about Orton? No. I like the way they have pushed Orton slowly from midcard to mainevent. WWEs doen a good job of that.
Giving a 19 year old the title as soon as he joins the WWE is very foolish and dangerouse.

-ant.
P.s sorry bout my spelling.

Airfixx

"Antony_NZ said:
I was being a smart ass.

Prob best not to bother next time.

I don't care, really. It's fake.

Great post, asshole!

So what, you're just gonna hang around and stink the forum up just cos no-one liked your shitty, smark-ass top 100 workers list?

Nice one! :y:

hbk1991

Reaction score
My list?

Why is there a topic about who should have one some match from a few years ago? Wow, you gonna bet on the 2009 Mania matches, chump?

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Oh dont care about wrestling becuase its fake?
Hmm i dont think talking about it on forums is for you then.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Yea.
Im glad they have built Orton up nice and slowly. In away geting in trouble and being pushed down the roster was the best thing that ever happend to him.
Holding the WWE title and being the world champoin is really hard work. Hes a little older and a little wiser these days. Plus hes been very lucky to be arround veterans like Ric Flair,HBK,HHH and Edge.

Its like what Batista says in his book. Theres noway i would of been able to hold the world title at his age. It would have just blowen my mind. Or words to that affect.

Airfixx

Errrrrr... Orton was not 19 when he won the WHC from Benoit (he was 24 I beleive) so what are you talking about?

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Oh ok. I was told he was worlds youngest WWE champoin. My bad.
Any way my point still applies.

Added: Yea he was 24. I was reading a biography about some ones thoughts on Orton. I was geting mixed up between his starting age and age when he won the title. My bad. But my point still applies.