Shootin straight from the hip

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pumpt73

Reaction score
Hi fellas. One thing I always tried to do was be open and honest with people, especially board members. I've been through my share of hell and back and a couple of guys here know what I mean. If anyone ever needs to vent or needs some help don't hesitate to ask. I battled a hard addiction to pain pills for the better part of 5 years. Before I finally got clean, I was taking 9 Loracet in a clip. My script called for 1 tablet every 4 hours. What's more is that would barely hit me. That was just to stave off withdrawal. It's not the only thing I've done. My bodybuilding lead me to a party lifestyle, and let me assure you, bodybuilders love to do so. Ecstacy, ketamine, nitrous, and yayo were pretty common. Another that I used to do was Nubain. Nubain was a drug that was introduced to me because of bodybuilding. A drug that was taken prior to training where you would never get tired. Thing is, it's injectabl and I learned how to rig it. By no means am I proud of it. But to beat something I was almost certain would kill me makes me want to help others. If anyone is battling something like this, don't hesitate to PM me.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Now, I'm not trying to be glib here because you seem like a nice fellow. However, between this thread and your comments in Doomsday's thread regarding the government I have to wonder. Have you considered the fact that the drugs may have seriously altered your brain chemistry? Like I said, not trying to be a jerk just genuinely curious.

pumpt73

Reaction score
No offense taken MS. But nope. You have to understand how pain pills work. It's mostly centered around your opiate receptors in the brain. And to be honest, I've always questioned what the United States Government does. Plus after having 2 catscans done with the brain showing normal function and no loss of activity while in the depths of my addiction, Id say Im ok. My views on government are opinion and nothing more and really shouldn't be tied to anything else. If that's the case, then could we form a hypothesis that every person who shares my views on government have had pain pill or opioid addictions in the past???

Reaction score
If that's the case, then could we form a hypothesis that every person who shares my views on government have had pain pill or opioid addictions in the past???

I wouldn't necessarily say that, but it does seem like alot of paranoid people (with some of those views) are junkies. Drugs and paranoia aren't strictly related or anything. Just so I'm clear.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily say that, but it does seem like alot of paranoid people (with some of those views) are junkies. Drugs and paranoia aren't strictly related or anything. Just so I'm clear.

Now, first up, junkies are heroin addicts. I don't think too many heroin addicts really care about anything other than getting their next fix. On top of that, when you're in the throws of drug addiction, that's pretty much all you care about. Family doesn't matter, friends don't matter, what you used to enjoy doing doesn't matter. Hell, even your job doesn't really matter. All that matters is getting that next high. So when you're so focused on that, I don't see too many addicts really worrying about political issues.

Doomsday

Reaction score
I'm an addict to weed and dxm, and I'm gonna be sad when the alcoholic energy drinks are gone and I love politics.

pumpt73

Reaction score
You're psycologically addicted. Neither weed nor DXM cause the body a physical withdrawl like heroin, coke, pain pills, etc. When DXM is used for reasons other then curing your cough, it works much like ketamine or pcp. Probably the reason you have other interests in life is becuase you don't have a physical addiction to your drugs of choice. Pain pill (opioid) withdrawl sucks. Anxiety sets in, fever sets in, chills, mood swings, and sometimes, depending on how hard you're crashing, vomiting. And when you're addicted, you either ride it out, or you go get your fix. Riding it out means sleeping for 2-4 days and it's not something Id wish upon anyone. 9 times out of 10, the addict is going to go get a fix.