Shogun possibly one win away from Jon Jones rematch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant One

Reaction score
What do you mean doghouse? Montana

I think Survivor Series the Team DX vs Team Rated-RKO match saved that PPV. but as a whole it was subpar.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I agree with you guys that said the early to mid 90's because that's when WCW was getting popular and WWF was trying to adjust to a new way of doing things. that was also when the steroid scandal was too, and that was bad for all of wrestling too.

Montana

Doghouse as in people vince or the bookers were mad it

- Johnny Nitro
- Carlito
- CM Punk
- Kurt Angle
- Randy Orton
- Sabu
- Shelton

Im sure theres more too. Most of these guys were held back, and it hurt the wwe imo.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Oh ok Montana There were alot of wrestlers in the doghouse. Matt Hardy, Chris Masters were also in the doghouse.

john_service

Reaction score
I rthink every year from the start of 2002 has got progressively worse as the best talent in the WWE strted leaving and it has only started picvking up since about October of last year. It's now more watchable but most of the guys are a long way off being the huge megastarsof the attitude era.

Reaction score
2006 Mainly cuz Cena was Champ for 10 out of 12 Months and still is the Champ. WTF Raw has the most talent but they don't show it.

RingDeath

Reaction score
A bad year was 1993, when the talent pool included Doink the Clown, another Doink the Clown, the Giant Gonzalez, and the WWF title was held by Yokozuna. The Fed was at odds with whether to build around Lex Luger or Bret Hart, and defaulted to Hulk Hogan, who took the title from Yokozuna in a "special challenge match" after Mr. Fuji threw salt in Bret Hart's face, allowing Yoko to keep the title so as to have it to turn it over to Hogan. Man, what a tortured storyline!

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I liked 2006, I thought it was a solid year for wwe. For the people who say they hated 2006 because Cena was champion for most of it, than why don't you say 2005 where he held a championship belt throughout the entire year excluding a week (US Championship, WWE Championship)
2006 had great feuds:
-Foley vs Flair
-Edge vs Foley
-Foley/Edge vs ECW
-WWE vs ECW
-Kurt Angle vs Orton
-Triple H vs Cena

theres also:
-DX returns
RVD wins the WWE Championship and the mainevent scene is pretty much RVD, Edge, and Cena for a few months

Now, the worst year between 2002-2007 is definitly 2004 or 2005

2004 just didnt have enough star power and both brands kinda suffered. JBL had a boring reign, Raw was good, but a lot of pointless feuds like Eugene vs HHH, Eugene vs Angle, etc. But there was also some good things including Eddie winning the WWE Championship and Benoit winning the World Heavyweight Championship, and Evolution.

2005 just lacked direction. It was like the writers were writing the shows one week at a time instead of planning ahead. Things got boring watching Cena and Batista win every month, and there were tons of pointless stuff they did. To many quick fueds brought together, and other pointless things.

Personally, I thought 2003 was one of the best years in WWE. Things were exciting, the writers had everything come together and had long buildups before they finally put the wrestler in matches together, they knew where they were going months before it happened, and it was really the only year that Raw/Smackdown were both good and worth watching. Lesnar had awesome matches, and Triple H and Evolution were the top heels.

RingDeath

Reaction score
It looks like Cena's competition is going to come from Lashley. If they turn one of them heel, 2007 could be salvaged. Otherwise, this has been a pathetic year and I tape the shows and fast forward a lot of them. Cena's easy victories over Khali lack credibility and must be being aimed to a very young fan base.

tbone247

Reaction score
2004 wasnt too great...other than mania...everythingf was kinda meh

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I started watching wwe in 2003, so I will go from there.

2003: Great year, good feueds, good storylines, good matches.

2004: Also a great year

2005: shit year, terrible matches

2006: fair year, better then 2005.

2007: Has had it's ups and downs, so meh

SO, from my perspective 2005 was the worst year.