Shibuya Bar Hopping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

They go to 3 different bars and you can get a taste of what the night life is like in Tokyo.
I am sub'd to their channel but I thought some of you may enjoy this as well.

Simon is an English teacher in Japan, Martina is his wife. They are both from the land of maple and bacon.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Simon is an English teacher in Japan, Martina is his wife. They are both from the land of maple and bacon.

I've seen him. I've actually talked to him. One of the people I mod for on Twitch also teaches English in Japan, but he's from Ohio. He goes to Shibuya a lot though.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've seen him. I've actually talked to him. One of the people I mod for on Twitch also teaches English in Japan, but he's from Ohio. He goes to Shibuya a lot though.
A lot of people go to Japan these days to do minors in teaching. There are tons of channels it seems about people living there.
I am just impressed by how little the natives care. They aren't bothered by it at all and some are even intrigued by it.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
A lot of people go to Japan these days to do minors in teaching. There are tons of channels it seems about people living there.
I am just impressed by how little the natives care. They aren't bothered by it at all and some are even intrigued by it.
Yeah, I love the Japanese culture. It's like living vicariously through my streamer friend. I learn almost everything about Japan... Except how to read or speak their language lol. One unique cultural thing I've noticed is people wear surgical masks a lot in Japan. It's not because they're afraid of germs or catching something viral.. They do it because they don't want to spread any sickness.

Also as far as the native people in Japan and foreigners.. There are a lot of "gaijin hunters", so that's probably why they don't mind it that much.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the Japanese culture. It's like living vicariously through my streamer friend. I learn almost everything about Japan... Except how to read or speak their language lol. One unique cultural thing I've noticed is people wear surgical masks a lot in Japan. It's not because they're afraid of germs or catching something viral.. They do it because they don't want to spread any sickness.

Also as far as the native people in Japan and foreigners.. There are a lot of "gaijin hunters", so that's probably why they don't mind it that much.

I actually have one of those face masks. I use it when I clean out the litter box LOL

It is funny how people get these weird perceptions of other people in other countries that are often wrong. Like a lot of people seem to believe people in Japan are against tattoos and think only "bad people" or "trouble makers" get them and it is far from true. Also, people in the US tend to think it is racist to wear clothing from another person's heritage or culture like Japanese kimonos, yet they happily sell them to people of any background/race, they actually enjoy knowing their culture is appreciated and loved.

YouTube may be filled to the brim with crap but these gem channels that show real world interactions with people are worth subbing to.

Reactions: Red Rain

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Damn, watch Dragon Ball Super in sub once and this is what you turn into. smh

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm actually gonna do this when i go. I know it was drinking here or shinjuku forgot where.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Mega weeb reporting in, I really hope you plan on going to Akihabara.

Also I totally want to do this, Persona 5 is based in Tokyo and you go to Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Akihabara all the time. I started looking up in-game to IRL comparisons and ughhhh I wanna go lol.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Also I totally want to do this, Persona 5 is based in Tokyo and you go to Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Akihabara all the time. I started looking up in-game to IRL comparisons and ughhhh I wanna go lol.
If you like Persona 5, then check out Yakuza 6. They have the landmarks in Japan down to a tee.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
If you like Persona 5, then check out Yakuza 6. They have the landmarks in Japan down to a tee.
I plan on getting to it eventually, I picked up Yakuza 0 and Kiwami a while back and am making my way through 0 right now. Plan on playing the entire series.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Are you going this year?
2 weeks

Idk from what I've read, Akihabara is pretty overrated. Like it's even too much for the biggest weeb. I have that in my list to visit only twice.