Shelton/Morrison

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Well I happened to browse WWE.com to check out the final card for JD and it turns out that a match between John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin has been added. I'm actually really surprised that this feud got PPV time but also pretty happy that an undercard feud is being featured. I think this is sure to be a great match with the purpose of properly putting Morrison over as a face with a victory. Now there's not that much backstory but that can be overlooked in this case in my opinion.

Thoughts on this newly announced match?

MikeRaw

Just saw this. I'm actually pretty excited about it. It's been a while since we saw feuds liek this get matches on PPV.

noumenon

It has the potential to be an incredible match, without a doubt. Hopefully we don't once again see Morrison get sucked into a tag team as a result of this....assuming they are of course doing WGTT for what...the 8th time lol.

LKP

So smackdown has 4 matches and raw has 2? Haha raw sucks ass, hey ecw will be taking over raw soon. Benjamin Vs Morrison could be a classic iam looking forward to it :).

seX-Power

^ Well considering Raw only has 2 feuds then I'm not surprised. I also think they might push this match as one from Superstars as it has had half it's building on that show, just to promote it as a genuine show.

LKP

Smackdown is where its at, at the moment. Taker back now on smackdown as we are sorted. Thinking about it if hhh returns and feuds with Orton raw will be worse. How many times wwe how many times? Hbk will be raw's savior.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
This match will be great. Benjamin puts on some really good matches, but they are too short. Morrison also puts on great matches when paired with the right person, and he needs more time as well. This match here should be great and I'm hoping it will be. I'm going to go on and say that Morrison will probably win to help elevate him to a main event face. Should be an awesome match though.

LKP

They should give this match 12-15 minutes max. If so we could have another MOTY candidate. :)

Qwake

I'm happy they added this match, should be really good and I am pleased they're actually giving these guys PPV time. I hope the two continue to feud and build over the time HHH, HBK and Taker are out because as soon as those guys are back they will drop straight back out of the PPV picture imo, unless of course they do well and impress people with the time they have.

MVP Vs Regal should have been put on the PPV, that or a 4-Way for the US title involving MVP, Regal, Hardy and Kofi or something. RAW having 2 matches on the whole PPV is strange.

D-K-L

Reaction score
Awesome news! Morrison/Benjamin should be great as both are highly gifted superstars. Hope The Guru of Greatness gets the 'W'

kingovkings

Reaction score
This is awesome. I bet there match will be wicked. And you can bet they will go out and try to have the best match of the night. This could really give Morrison a great push. Im really looking forward to this PPV.

LKP

My guess that is starts the show. And yes it will steal the show if booked correctly.