SHEAMUS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Halladay/Glaus Injured

TORONTO -- Former Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay is expected to miss four to six weeks after having an emergency appendectomy Friday, the latest bad break for the struggling Toronto Blue Jays.

Halladay arrived at Rogers Centre on Friday looking pale and complaining of pain in his lower right abdomen. Trainer George Poulis recognized the symptoms and took Halladay to a local hospital for surgery.

Halladay was placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Blue Jays did not immediately announce a roster move.

"You've got to look at it as a chance for someone else to step up," Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi said. "We're not going to sit here and raise the white flag, say we're quitting."

"We've got some young kids who are going to get an opportunity now. We'll see who can handle coming up here and giving us those innings, giving us a chance to win."

Halladay lasted only five innings and was hit hard in an 8-0 loss to Boston on Thursday, one start after giving up a season-high nine runs in an 11-4 loss to Texas. The 2003 AL Cy Young Award winner is 4-2 with a 4.37 ERA in eight starts.

The rout by Boston was the Blue Jays' ninth straight loss and left them in last place in the AL East.

On Thursday, Toronto lost closer B.J. Ryan for the year after he had ligament replacement surgery on his left elbow, and put right-hander Victor Zambrano on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm.
----------

Can it get any worse??

Conclusion - Yes it can!:(

TORONTO -- Blue Jays infielder Troy Glaus left Friday night's game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after just one at-bat when he suffered an apparent leg injury while running out a fly ball.

Glaus, who missed 14 games earlier this season because of a sore left heel, hit a drive to deep center in the first. He appeared to stumble halfway to first base, and yelled out in pain. He bent over behind the bag, then limped off the field alongside trainer George Poulis.

Jason Smith replaced Glaus at third base to start the second inning.

The Blue Jays have lost nine straight games and have been riddled with injuries to key players. Starter Roy Halladay underwent an emergency appendectomy Friday and will miss four to six weeks. Closer B.J. Ryan had Tommy John surgery on his left elbow Thursday and will miss the rest of the year.
-------------

OMFG! I'M ABOUT TO RIP MY GOD DAMN MIND OUT!!!!!!!

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
There's so many athletes getting injured these days.....ask the Toronto Maple Leafs they know a lot about it :(

Soulpower

The Blue Jays were going nowhere this season, but still, no team deserves this much bad-luck... I'm surprised that Frank Thomas hasn't gotten injured yet (as far as I know anyways).

circle

Reaction score
I def feel for you right now. I would think the blue jays can contend this year especially after signing vernon wells to a nice extension, but they have been decimated with injuries especially losing bj ryan has really hurt them more than expected. I know there are some nice prospects in the minors they need to call up right now

ChiWa

Reaction score
I could care less about the Jays, but Roy out sucks ass. I am less a fan of teams these days and more a fan of players. A pitching match between Roy and another big starter means way more to me. Halladay/Santana, Beckett, OMG Roger F'N Clemens, one well pitched game makes me happy.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
sheamus.jpg

Comments would be appreciated

CAPS LOCK

Reaction score
You ever thought of just making a general show-case for your stuff, instead of just filling the page up with threads?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good idea just think it could be done better. Background design is kinda weird and makes the main pic look awkward for whatever reason.

Clark Miller

Reaction score
Ouch, I really dont like this one. The font is ugly and the Background looks really messy. But nice try.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Good composition, but that's about it. The background is poorly blended and the effects are hard to look at. The render just looks copy/pasted (on top of the border too, which is a GFX sin). The text could have worked, but the strong background colours dont let it stand out.

You need to read some tutorials and try a different style. You're basically making the same thing over and over and its not going to help you grow.