Sheamus Wins King of the Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I like Sheamus, I didn't have a problem with him winning it, tbh.

I guess Cody Rhodes or someone else could have used the victory more, but this does give Sheamus more cred.

Reaction score
I think everyone knows by now that WWE is just going to recycle the same exact "King of the Ring vs. King of Kings" storyline that they used when Booker T won the KotR a few years back. Triple H will return, beat Sheamus, end of story. Hopefully they can have Sheamus benefit from the King of the Ring win at least a little bit before Trips comes back.

Kaedon

Reaction score
hit it right on the head, he's not even a legit main, but this is a great way to help elevate him. I'm totally part of the kings court.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
I'm with TC on that. Good way to up him but dont have him go against "Boner Nose" when he comes back...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He's gonna face HHH. The question is how long do they play the feud out for. I would have no problems with HHH picking up a win or two over Sheamus provided that they continue the feud into WM once again except with Sheamus coming out on top this time.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
^^^^^ I can see that happening Monkster but the big red headed geek has to prevail. The torch has to be past. Boner nose is probably a closet case flamer anyway so it should be easy. He dated Chyna, say no more.^^^^^

noumenon

Reaction score
Sheamus winning was pretty clear from the beginning. Most likely they're going the King Of Kings vs. KOTR route as said, but unlike Booker T... Sheamus isn't on his way out the door. He's a young star that they're trying to build and if they've proven anything in the past few months they are in fact finally starting to put some young talent to the forefront.
For those who say Sheamus isn't a main eventer I'd have to disagree. No one would find anything out of place with the guy headlining any PPV or television event for the title, he's a two time champion, so yeah... pretty sure the guy could legit main event. Is he Mania headlining material? Probably not... but definitely a main eventer. Sheamus is about one good feud away from being a real power player and looking like a legit threat. They've been putting him over clean in a lot of his matches and giving him a nice slow build back up to the title.

Montana

Reaction score
Like the others said...it was pretty clear he was going to win. Now it's only a matter of time before the king of kings returns.

You have one main event guy in the tournament, and the rest mid carders. Plus the WWE wanted to keep pushing sheamus as a top guy, without the belt, and they didn't have any other ideas. So this worked out well.

I don't really have a problem with this.

noumenon

Reaction score
My biggest problem with the tournament was the whole Drew/Zeke thing. If you want to protect them both... don't put them in a fucking match together in something as important as KOTR. Either give them separate opponents or don't enter them in at all.

Would it really have been so bad for Sheamus to go over that big useless bastard Zeke anyway? Believe me, it's not going to kill Zeke's (who's suffered far worse losses on ECW) to lose to a two time WWE champion who's had a hotter 2010 than just about anyone.

Reaction score
As soon as I saw the brackets I was pretty sure it would come down to Sheamus and Morrison and Sheamus would get the win. Now I wouldn't nessecarily say it was a bad move but it wasn't the best move. I don't mind Sheamus as king of the ring but I feel someone else could have used it for more. Yes it is going to be the king of the ring vs the king of kings, that is now obvious but Triple H and Sheamus could have just picked up the feud where they left off with Triple H out for revenge. They didn't need the king of the ring for there feud. I think Jack Swagger should have been in the tournament and he should have won. When I saw him at his Oklahoma Homecoming on Smackdown, it made me think about how the king of the ring would help get him back into the main event scene. His first title reign was a waste and a king of the ring victory could have sent him back up to the main event. Now Swagger wasn't in the King of the RIng so my second choice would have been to have Alberto Del Rio win. He already has the personality of a king and would fit the role perfect.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Sheamus is awesome, fuck the haters.

For some reason, though, I didn't like him winning King of the Ring. Like I said in another thread, I thought Morrison was going to take it and I would have liked to see him win.

Veritas

Reaction score
My biggest problem with the tournament was the whole Drew/Zeke thing. If you want to protect them both... don't put them in a fucking match together in something as important as KOTR. Either give them separate opponents or don't enter them in at all.

Would it really have been so bad for Sheamus to go over that big useless bastard Zeke anyway? Believe me, it's not going to kill Zeke's (who's suffered far worse losses on ECW) to lose to a two time WWE champion who's had a hotter 2010 than just about anyone.​

It was part of the story though. Morrison was injured going in and had to go through 2 opponents in 2 tough matches while Sheamus bulldozed through one guy in one match. Morrison was being painted as the underdog, despite having a recent PPV win over Sheamus. I thought it worked.

The storyline from here is obvious but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I'd like to see them really drag things out a little more, though. Give Sheamus another month and a half to gloat about his win before having Hunter make his big return at the Rumble to eliminate Sheamus. Put them both in the Chamber in Feb. and then do the blowoff at Mania.

...god...

Reaction score
Miz n Morrison better feud until the EC. Where Triple H will win and face Miz at WM to give him the rub.

Axis

Reaction score
I love that everybody defends this as if they're the only one. There is a solid consensus: Sheamus is a good talent that deserved winning this tournament.