Sheamus : Where Did It All Go Wrong?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sheamus'a biggest problem was some online "reporter" stated he was a workout buddy of then IWC public enemy Triple H and that's why he got a push. It also didn't do him any favours by turning face and the same "reporter" saying it was because of the supposed senile, out of touch Vince McMahon has a soft spot for the Irish.

Another case of "WWE is behind this guy? We know better, it should be so and so instead".

Call it the Cenabubble....where every single nutty IWC tinfoil hat wearing neckbeard who thinks all faces are going to be the next Cena, who always wins and beats "their guys" even though they want the same booking for the guys they like.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Since he came back from injury he's been booked terribly. He won MITB and like most MITB winners they forgot about him. He carries around some meaningless briefcase and WWE feels they don't need to utilize him more. They don't know what to do with half the roster.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dude has been booked strong for MItB standards, only lost to Orton and Cena. Everyone doesn't need a storyline, it dilutes the show. Attitude Era had a storyline for everyone and Russo era wcw had storylines for everyone and damn near all of the were not remembered.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I wish the OP explained what they feel has gone wrong for Sheamus. But I do think the booking for him since winning MITB has been pretty flat. He feels like a mid-carder. He needs some more big matches and promos about cashing in the briefcase to get us more excited for it. You might say he's getting the underdog treatment but I don't know if that's the right thing for a brutish heel like Sheamus. I'd like to see him kicking ass more, get him to the point where he could potentially take on Brock Lesnar by dominating everyone in his way.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sheamus hasn't lost to anybody other than Cena since he won MITB.

validates the "wins and losses don't matter" argument I've been championing for years.

MD.

Reaction score
I don't get a vibe that Sheamus cares too much about his work any more. Especially with the "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?" thing; we're all familiar with Gladiator, so you can't really pawn that line off as your own.

He had a promising start when he debuted and won the world title in a pretty surprising move, but then he was booked to be the same cookie-cutter, coward heel that we've seen recycled from the lazy WWE writing team time after time again and it's all been downhill from there. He couldn't really get over as a face and it seems that he's struggling with his new gimmick now.

Money in the Bank is wasted on him, there's no way you can call this guy world champion right now, and that sucks because I really want to like Sheamus, but there's just a lack of effort put into his character that makes it impossible to.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sheamus and lack of effort should not share a sentence, look at his body, he's bruised from head to toe because he's killing himself trying toget over with a demo that automatically asterisked him as soon as it was alleged he was working out with the evil Teiple H at the time.

MD.

Reaction score
Sheamus and lack of effort should not share a sentence, look at his body, he's bruised from head to toe because he's killing himself trying toget over with a demo that automatically asterisked him as soon as it was alleged he was working out with the evil Teiple H at the time.

If not by him then by the writers, is what I mean to say.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Problem was this bruiser was given that happy, go lucky Irishmen who'll fight ya or have a pint.

Nobody likes happy Irishmen. Should've donned a suit and went all Connor McGregor.

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Oddly enough, I like where Sheamus is at right now. He has a cool entrance, a unique look, and a clearly defined gimmick - a pasty Irishman with a temper who only enjoys kicking ass. He has that strut when he walks around the ring, he's always looking pissed off, I feel like people underrated his ring psychology. I'm not looking forward to his inevitable run at the top, but I'm not with the people who think it will be a train wreck.