Shawn Michael's' Macmillan River Adventures

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Matt Cappotelli to undergo brain surgery

credit: wwe.com

Matt Cappotelli to undergo brain surgery
By Louie Dee
Written: April 6, 2007

Just 14 months ago, Matt Cappotelli was the Ohio Valley Wrestling Champion, seeming on the verge of Superstardom. But that all changed when he was forced to relinquish the WWE developmental territory’s biggest prize and announce to the OVW fans that he was suffering from a brain tumor.

Flash forward to this week. OVW TV celebrated the taping of its 400th episode, and Cappotelli returned to Louisville, Ky. and the OVW ring. Unfortunately, he had some bad news: the tumor has grown, and he now faces major surgery to attempt to remove the growth.

“Last time I was here, I know it was hard…but you guys are my family, and it’s time to update my family on my condition and what’s been going on with me,†an emotional Cappotelli said to the cheering OVW fans before his speech.

WWE.com also caught up with him this week, and Cappotelli explained how the discovery of the growth came about.

“Doctors have been monitoring the tumor since its discovery, and my last MRI revealed that it had grown a little,†Cappotelli said. “I had been feeling pretty good the last couple months, but recently I had some bad headaches and noticed a little change in my vision. They told me that because the tumor has grown, my optic nerves had swollen as well.â€

Doctors have advised Cappotelli to have surgery, where they will remove as much of the tumor as possible while trying to avoid doing any damage to the brain. The surgery is scheduled for May 1 in Boston, and Cappotelli is cautious yet optimistic about the procedure.

“Any surgery like this…it’s extremely tough to get 100 percent of the tumor. They’re hoping to get in the high 90s, and we’ll have to treat whatever they can’t get with chemo or radiation or a combination of both.â€

Despite his condition, Cappotelli is upbeat about the surgery and recovery, using his strong faith as a foundation.

“I’m glad I’m not in control of this, because I probably would have screwed this up a long time ago,†he laughed. “God is in control, and I have complete faith in what he’s doing. There’s a scripture I read quite often that describes my situation; it says God’s strength is made perfect in my weakness, and I think this is a time where I’m at the darkest point of my life.â€

Throughout this whole ordeal, Cappotelli is thankful for all the support he has received.

“It’s been about a year now, and I can’t express how thankful I am for the fans who have reached out through email or word of mouth, and for their thoughts and prayers,†a gracious Cappotelli said. “I really wish I could think of a way to give back, but I thank them with my whole heart.â€

If you would like to send well-wishes to Matt Cappotelli, you can do so by sending email to keepthefaithmatt@yahoo.com

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Has anyone watched this show yet? I just want to get an opinion from an actual person than just fall into it. I hate watching fishing and hunting shows, because they always edit out how much time the guy has been sitting there before he actually gets a strike or sees anything other than a squirell or two.

The reason I would watch it is obvious, and having wrestling guest stars makes it potentially better.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I have seen it a few times. It isn't that bad of a show but it is mainly about wrestling as much as it would be about huntining. I know on the first show they mainly just showed highlights from his career.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have the newest episode ready to record. I heard that Triple H was going to be on one of the next few, but there really is no description for the show on my Digital Cable so I just have to take a chance. I want to see DX tear up the wilderness.