Shawn Michaels comeback!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
People always want to romanticize wrestler retirements, because they think it's some sort of legacy that pro-wrestlers care about. "rasslin" fans are easily worked, and they will bitch about everything that might make them view their heroes in a different light.

People will mark the fuck out if HBK said he accepted a match from anyone, and will do a 180 after his match, and talk shit about him not constantly coming back, like Foley or Flair and cry about his sendoff not being special anymore. What a load of hypcrites who don't really give a fuck about wrestlers, and just want to be entertained. If they actually cared, they wouldn't mark one minute, only to bitch about it later, like somebody cheering on Honky Tonk Man at an indy show, and then talk about how sad and pathetic he was to be there.
Exactly! I didn't wanna drop any names, but the guy on the last page absolutely bitching and crying about 'hoping' HBK won't wrestle ("like Flair/Foley"). Seriously, how are you even a wrestling fan to say that? I just don't understand, if you were a basketball or a Bulls fan, wouldn't you wanna see Jordan play one last time if he was in his prime? It's almost a given that HBK can still work, so embarrassing himself is out of the argument, it's just pure ignorance or stupidity in this case. I mean it's one thing to feel bad for a guy like Foley or Flair who step back into the ring, even though I still enjoy these moments (which btw, Foley hasn't wrestled a match in like 3-4 years so that initial analogy made NO SENSE) since these are a special breed of guys who truly leave it all in the ring and you can tell they are working their ass off to give you the best match, you can feel the emotion from them, unlike what you see a lot nowadays. But those two, are beaten, broken down, or just plain old and sometimes a huge danger when they get in the ring, so not wanting to see them WRESTLE (they're still among the best talkers/entertainers of all time and have had never any trouble putting talent over) can be forgiven for those reasons.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I couldn't care less if Michaels breaks his retirement to wrestle one last match because the guy is seriously one of the best in the history of the profession and can still go, even at his age. He's obviously not 96-97 HBK anymore, but he doesn't have to be because he's that good.

And I never understood why people cry about the one-off matches just because someone had a send-off. I always viewed those "retirements" as the end of their careers as a regular, travelling, week-to-week asset to the company, not that they would absolutely positively never have another match ever again.

The one and only time a wrestler breaking his retirement kind of bugged me was when Flair did it when he joined TNA and it bugged me because it wasn't just a one-off match. He was travelling a full schedule with the company, working serious matches night-to-night, and I have to think he only did it because he thought Flair/Hogan could still draw and help TNA get after WWE right before they launched their pitiful attempt at another Monday Night War. Then he led the Fortune stable which was basically another Horsemen/Evolution incarnate and he was obviously still very much attached to the business. And that bugged me because you could see in his family's eyes at Wrestlemania 24 that they really, really wanted him to stop wrestling and they were crying tears of joy after that match because they were finally getting their dad back. So seeing him go right back out on the road, even as far away as Australia, really disappointed me.

Michaels, on the other hand, has stayed true to his retirement for a few years and 1 more match isn't a big deal because after he has it, he'll go right back home to San Antonio and we won't see him again for another 2-3 years. Working 1 day every 2-3 years is still practically a retirement, it doesn't matter what you do for a living.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Seriously, people come out of retirement all the time in both sports (BJ Penn) and the entertainment industry (everyone in "The Expendables 2")
Why should wrestling, which is pretty much both, be any different?

Retirement is simply a career choice, and people are free to change their minds as many times as they want.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People who bitch about Flair going to TNA are just TNA haters, simple as that. If he faced Jericho at Mania, noone would've said anything, but he went to TNA like it was blasphemy. Net nerds aren't going to pay his bills, alimony, dumb kids who can't support themselves and the government who takes a good chunk out of private contractor checks.

Go to Wal-Mart and bitch at the greeter for not retiring. Same shit.