Sharmell to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Sharmell to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2022​

20220304_HOF_Sharmell_FC--c1ebbc3650e8d43c12c47ca6c22813f9.jpg

As first announced by Complex.com, Sharmell will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame’s Class of 2022 and will be enshrined in the hallowed hall during the 2022 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony as part of WrestleMania Week.

The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony will take place Friday, April 1, at American Airlines Center in Dallas as part of WrestleMania Week. The event will stream live, exclusively on Peacock in the U.S. and WWE Network everywhere else. In addition, for the first time in history, WWE will present both Friday Night SmackDown and the 2022 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony live on the same night at American Airlines Center, giving all fans in attendance an unprecedented opportunity to witness both events for one price.

While she may be a former Miss Black America, winning 1991 Miss Black America Pageant at age 20, Sharmell was never just another pretty face. Behind that beauty stood an extremely cunning mind, and Sharmell was not afraid to do whatever it took to help her husband, Booker T, succeed in the squared circle and achieve success of her own.

Sharmell came to prominence during her time in WCW, first under the name Storm before eventually redefining herself as Paisley. As a member of The Nitro Girls, she soon became a competitor and accompanied other competitors to the ring.

After signing with WWE and training in OVW in 2001, Sharmell donned a blonde wig and added her special brand of talent to The Suicide Blondes as Sister Sharmell. She also became a backstage interviewer.

Perhaps her greatest contribution in WWE, though, was her association with real-life husband Booker T. Accompanying Booker to the ring, Sharmell made quite a splash when she began interfering in her spouse’s matches. Although the fan-favorite Booker feigned innocence at first, the charade was eventually broken, and the WWE Universe learned what a mastermind the lovely Sharmell really was.

When Booker T won the King of the Ring Tournament in 2006, he started referring to himself as King Booker, and inevitably, his bride became Queen Sharmell. Together the pair began using faux English accents and carried a superior attitude, becoming the couple that the fans simply loved to loathe. When King Booker defeated Rey Mysterio at The Great American Bash to become the new World Champion, Queen Sharmell and Booker T took their place on the top of the mountain.​

Reactions: Keith

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Well…that’s unexpected

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wild lmao I never would have expected this one. She was lowkey great tho even back in WCW, so I've got no complaints. No point in stacking this class with Taker going in anyway

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Wild lmao I never would have expected this one. She was lowkey great tho even back in WCW, so I've got no complaints. No point in stacking this class with Taker going in anyway
it's already stacked with Vader as far as I'm concerned

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
it's already stacked with Vader as far as I'm concerned

As sad as it is, most people that have already passed away lose a lot of luster for the actual induction outside of a few exceptions who's family members killed the speech themselves. That induction video package for them is where it's at tho

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don’t know why you wouldn’t induct Michelle mccool considering she deserves it and obviously Taker is going in. Sharmell
is really meh to me. She had a super short career in WWE and was never more than a valet. I don’t really know why she’d go in before a million other women lmao but I’m never gonna be mad at someone for getting honored. I’m sure she’s thrilled and that’s all that matters.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
As sad as it is, most people that have already passed away lose a lot of luster for the actual induction outside of a few exceptions who's family members killed the speech themselves. That induction video package for them is where it's at tho
Exactly. I would’ve loved to see Vader make a speech. He probably has so many amazing stories. The fact that we can’t have that now takes away from his HoF induction a lot. As fucked up as this sounds WWE probably inducted him this year on purpose to give Undertaker more time to make his speech.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Isn’t Michelle already in?

Edit: No; no she is not

Last edited:

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
They're going to have to license footage from Impact again to show her most legendary moment

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I made a joke about this :bosque when that person hinted at a queen going in. :lmao

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Anyway, if the thought process is to put smaller names in so Taker can have an hour a half speech, I’m ok with that.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
They're going to have to license footage from Impact again to show her most legendary moment
We want to forget that happened

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
makes sense given the location

Reactions: Cwalker

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I have no problem with this one. I think she's always been a pretty solid performer and a bit of a breakaway considering she started as a Nitro Girl. Think she was a key part in Booker's act during his King Booker run.

Reactions: Cwalker