Shanes return kayfabing smarks into a shoot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We’ve noted how there’s speculation among fans and within WWE on how Shane McMahon could resume an executive position with the company now that he’s back for the Hell In a Cell match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 32.

The New York Post picked up on Shane’s return and the possibility of a role in management. An unnamed media industry executive who works in wrestling entertainment told The Post, “Shane’s digital, international and a helluva performer. I’ve never heard anyone who’s worked with him say a bad word about him.”

A WWE spokesman downplayed the speculation and advised against reading too much into it, noting that Shane is just “playing a character on a TV show.”

It's hilarious how people just want to believe.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
A lot of people think there'd be a massive change if Shane did have some power backstage, but at end of the day it'll always be Vince having the last say, until he's gone. Shane being backstage won't make a difference. Honestly, if he beats The Undertaker cleanly then that'd be complete BS. Only way he wins is via some sort of shenanigans.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Two of Shane's big ideas were BigShow vs Mayweather and Big Show vs Akebono,

So, his track record is as even as Vince's.

Company had a record year in profits, so.......I'd take the old man if I had a stake in the business.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The League of Nations idea to make up for Seth Rollins injury sucked but honestly I never thought it hurt WWE's stocks that much.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its a bad idea having him back in the ring let alone in such a high profile match. But I don't really buy into these rumours.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not the first time a jacked up non wrestler as a stitched together 50 year old stole the show at Mania, very confident that Taker vs Shane will be vastly more athletic than Vince/Hogan.

They're in a gimmick match, will probably get a lot of smoke and mirrors leeway and juice, big bumps and a hot crowd who are into them. This match won't suck, the crowd won't let it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think Vince-Hogan had a much better story behind it and because of how it was laid out worked pretty effectively.

In some ways the HITC attachment makes this worse as I find it hard to believe that Shane can hang with Taker for any serious amount of time if he starts getting bashed into the cage left right and center. The only way they could do it is if Shane has some help at the start of the match and is able to get some early shots in and look more a threat.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
Not the first time a jacked up non wrestler as a stitched together 50 year old stole the show at Mania, very confident that Taker vs Shane will be vastly more athletic than Vince/Hogan.

They're in a gimmick match, will probably get a lot of smoke and mirrors leeway and juice, big bumps and a hot crowd who are into them. This match won't suck, the crowd won't let it.

Exactly, this match is there for pure entertainment. From seeing videos of Shane training, he seems to be in good shape. Just whether or not he is in wrestling shape.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Story is better written than Diaz/McGregor. Not going to stop that one from being successful, people just want to see interesting match ups.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think with the right time these two can pull off an amazing match. Throw in some crazy spots, and you'll have at least 3 and half out of 5 star star match. Won't be the best match of the night, but it sure won't be the worst match either.

Still can't believe people was thinking it was more than some storyline. :dolph: I guess kayfabe isn't dead after all.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I'd still be thrilled by this match. I love watching the Mchahon's locking up.

:Brock3: