Shane Carwin Announces Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
@ShaneCarwin Officially retired 2day:) thank you to my family, friends and fans! #dreambig GOD BLESS!!!

This is pretty sad news. I know Carwin isn't very charismatic, but he was a huge star at one point and had the MMA world buzzing about him for a few years. I'll never forget when he knocked out Mir, it totally killed my dream fight of Lesnar-Mir III. Still always liked Carwin and it sucks that he retires after trying to come back from injuries. His last fight was in 2011 against Junior Dos Santos, where he lost by decision. I'm still shocked that fight went to decision.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Kinda expected this given his age, injuries and career outside of MMA. I Would've loved to see him doing MMA ten years younger.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I always expected him to return after his lengthy layoff just for one match before retiring. Just to prove to himself he can compete after being sidelined by injuries for so long.

He was never the most technical fighter but he had crazy KO power, if he had of taken MMA up earlier in his life and worked on his cardio he could have been huge, as it was he was close, and was a big deal for a year or two but never quite got there.

He was a great Interim Champ though, unlike Condy who just used it as an excuse to sit at home for a year, Carwin was genuinely thrilled to be Interim Champ and jumped at any chance to fight.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I always expected him to return after his lengthy layoff just for one match before retiring. Just to prove to himself he can compete after being sidelined by injuries for so long.

He was never the most technical fighter but he had crazy KO power, if he had of taken MMA up earlier in his life and worked on his cardio he could have been huge, as it was he was close, and was a big deal for a year or two but never quite got there.

He was a great Interim Champ though, unlike Condy who just used it as an excuse to sit at home for a year, Carwin was genuinely thrilled to be Interim Champ and jumped at any chance to fight.

Wow you still use that ridiculous claim about Condit. Once again, he played it smart and didn't want anything to get in the way of fighting one of the greatest fighters ever. I'd love to see you in that position and say you would rather fight someone else rather than wait on a legend like GSP. Such a played out claim, especially on a guy who consistently puts on exciting fights.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He was Interim Champ and sat on the sidelines, all he wanted was a contenders fight. As Interim Champ he should have oh I dont know defended the Title that the UFC created as a dill in Championship while the real Champion was out injured. Stalled the entire division for a year because he wouldn't fight any of the top contenders as 'Champion'.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I thought he went to WWE under the Ryback gimmick.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Now this sucks. I really liked watching Carwin fight cause he always tried to bring it. He had crazy KO power and was extremely durable. He could take so much damage and yet wouldn't go down. His fight against JDS was insane. He took so much punishment and yet... couldn't be finished.

I was hoping that he would be able to bounce back from his surgeries and injuries for one last fight... but... that's not to be.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pity that his career ended the way that it did with injuries and him being out for a couple of years. Always impressed by him, not just for his KO power but for outside the octagon since he is a fully qualified engineer. Definitely not the typical fighter. As others have said imagine if he came along ten years earlier.