Several TNA Wrestlers talk about leaving

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Several TNA wrestlers have expressed thoughts about leaving the company as of late. Those wrestlers include Homicide, Hernandez, Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley.

Upper management has asked all of them to stay until the two hour shows start (tapings are being held this Monday and Tuesday), at which point they'll get more television time.

A few of the wrestlers in question are interested in leaving TNA for Japan

-----------------

I'll admit, after the No Surrender let down (What former World Champion!?), I am not going to believe this 100%, but if it is completely true...TNA are defiantely in trouble

Reaction score
All of those guys could do better elsewhere. Way better. TNA should try to hang onto them because they is some of the best talent they have. Not saying its completely true at this point, but it should be a good heads up for TNA.

gashface

Reaction score
This would be a bad move for TNA, particularly hernandez, and homicide. LAX are the best tag team in TNA.

Barurot

Reaction score
Man, these are the workers I love watching... TNA management would really be idiots to let them go....

NinoBrown

Reaction score
TNA is slowly dying as the pay per views get worse. Gonna be a big loss if Shelly and Homicide are gone, but they can always go back to ROH or another indepedent companies. TNA better shape up.

C4

The Morale is down in TNA, they should do something quick as NinoBrown said the PPV's are not the same anymore, I told you these Stars [Angle] and all have spoiled TNA; seriously!

xtremebadass

Well 2 hours would get them all on TV, they had this much patience, what's another week or two? Jeez.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Jobbers, all of them. Every single one of them is expendable. They have done NOTHING do distinguish themselves from the rest of the X-Division.

Reaction score
Jobbers, all of them. Every single one of them is expendable. They have done NOTHING do distinguish themselves from the rest of the X-Division.

I disagree. The only reason that that is the case is because of booking, period. These guys are 5 really good talents, its TNA's fault for not utilizing them correctly (especially Dutt, and MCMG).

thedeadite

Reaction score
With the exception of Dutt (who I still enjoy watching when he isn't running around like an idiot with a tamborine), I really wouldn't say any of them are "expendable". Seriously, that's some of the best young talent they have on their roster. I would even dare to say it's some of the best talent over all that they have on their roster.

edit: I actually don't think I made myself clear enough. What i should have said is "These guys are some of the best talent in wrestling today, regardless of promotion. Though they are being very poorly booked as of late."

Beer Money Army

Yeah nice going Kaedon calling them Jobbers... nice answer...

Homicide = i have always like homicide. the Man can wrestle great and he has charisma.. it's TNA fault that they havent let him use it.

Hernandez = Good strong man wrestler, can also do so high flying. in which not many of his size can do I.e. batista, Snitsky, Tomko..... Unsure if he's got charisma. But i have yet to hear him cut a promo so i can't judge him in that factor.

Sonjay Dutt = Sonjay is a good wrestler.. I hate his guru gimmick it sucks...He's got some charisma but the guru gimmick is bringing him down.

Chris Sabin = One of the top 5 best X division Champion in TNA.. great wrestler has the charisma in him and can wrestle great matches. i have always enjoyed watching him since 2003.

Alex Shelley = TNA would be stupid on losing him... This guy has oozing charisma that is so awesome.. He can make you laugh or angry or Happy and can work the crowd. His has unlimited in ring wrestling skills...

I don't blame these guys because they have been in tna for about 1.5-3 yrs and now there not getting used right.. in this time they could be in ROH or Japan making more money.. i dont think WWE would be an option. because vince would most likely turn them all into jobbers... they aren't jobbers

Kaedon

Reaction score
You cant utilize someone if they dont stand out. What makes Sonjay Dutt any better than Jay Lethal? What makes Alex Shelly any different than Shark Boy?

Reaction score
You cant utilize someone if they dont stand out. What makes Sonjay Dutt any better than Jay Lethal? What makes Alex Shelly any different than Shark Boy?

I don't think Dutt is any better than Lethal, but that's besides the point. The MCMG are one of the most respected tag teams in the world at this point and have the belts for numerous companies, and have had great matches with to. You would think TNA would give them some kind of a push. I mean hell, they already had made Sabin a main staple of the X division in the past, it just doesn't make any sense.

But here is how I'll answer your question directly. Shelley is different than someone like Shark Boy in the sense that Shelley is respected, and has actually had great in ring performance for just about any company he's worked for as opposed to someone like Shark Boy who probably has little track record, and got stuck in a joke gimmick. I know you expect more out of wrestlers than just workrate but Shelley, like a lot of other guys, tells great stories in the ring. He has every essential needed to be a star, but TNA isn't giving him any type of push at this point. Now, that may change with the time extension, but still, he would be one of the first I would push even with a one hour show.