Seth Rollins : The Modern Showstopper

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I love Seth Rollins and think he is pretty great, but it's difficult to compare anyone to Shawn Michaels. HBK could have a match with almost anyone and make it into an interesting match. And he did this from really early on. He was clearly the more talented of the Rockers and when the team broke up, his Intercontinental run is still one of the best in company history. Hell, the guy had good matches with frickin Hacksaw Jim Duggan and that's pretty shocking in itself. Shawn Michaels could ALWAYS make the person he was wresting look so much better than he really was. This is something that not many guys can do. And no one, IMO, could do it to the level that only HBK and Ric Flair have been able to in American wrestling.

Rollins, on the other hand, is a really good wrestler, but watching his run with the WWE title last, he didn't really elevate the guys he faced. He faced Kane and Kane seemed like Kane, Orton seemed like Orton and Sting seemed like Sting. I love Rollins, but it was a pretty boring title run in my view.

In order to be considered on the level of Shawn Michaels, he would really have to consistently elevate other talent and I haven't seen him do that. In American wrestling, both he and Ric Flair are on a level all their own in that regard. Don't get wrong, other guys can make ::)their opponents look good, but these two men could do it in their sleep over and over and over again. Rollins has a long, long way to go before he can be spoke of as being on their level.
Completely agree.
A young HBK shared a locker room with Flair. A very young HHH shared a locker room with Flair. A slightly older HHH traveled the road with HBK extensively. As a result, the art of selling was passed from teacher to student.
Seth Rollins has a very dangerous style, something Flair would never advocate. If Rollins were 10 years older he could have gained wise wisdom in the art of selling by traveling with Flair, HBK and HHH.

I really wish Rollins could have shared a locker room with HBK because their physically very comparable.

Look no further than HBK's match with Hogan at Summerslam 2005 to illustrate a point.
It was the infamous oversell match. It all began with Hogan being Hogan backstage and HBK giving a middle finger in the most appropriate way possible.
HBK was squashed in that match but he masterfully worked it and made a fool of Hogan.

Rollins never attended the Flair school of selling. He could have picked up the turnbuckle oversell or maybe even Flair's legendary face bump.

Rollins is asking HHH questions but HHH is the inferior worker between he HBK and Flair. Not working with either of those three means his workrate will be as good as those he is around.