September 11th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

911.jpg

Well, its that day. This is a thread to look back at the events of that day and post your thoughts. What were you doing that day and how where you told? What did you do after you were told. Please keep this somewhat civil and dont get into the conspiracy theory and shit.​

phantomgerald

I didn't believe it until the day after. I didn't know what a big deal it was. I guess looking back, I feel for the people who lost their lives. What needs to be done now is to arrest Osama and subdue the terrorist threat that has now been brewing and 911 was their way of declaring war.

MikeRaw

Alright lets please not have any mention of wherter it wasd terrorists or conspiracy or about the war,we can just remember the people who died needlessly!
So to answer your questions,I was at school and there was an announcement and I had no clue what was going on as I was young and then when i got home I saw a old video of Osama Bin Laden and got all scared and then dreampt of him that night!!!
Anyways back on topic,it was horrible and lets hope it wont happen again...

Reaction score
I was at home studying for my Islamic studies exam, at first i didnt really care, i had better things to worry about like my exam the next day when i thought about it more i was happy that america got attacked but i was young and close-minded because of growing up in an islamic country, but the more i thought about it the more my ideas changed and know i feel for all of the victims

Soulpower

I was in the middle of an English test. I heard the news from the teacher and I.... Continued with my test. I really didn't care about what had happened, and I still don't.

PeepShow

I didn't believe it until the day after. I didn't know what a big deal it was. I guess looking back, I feel for the people who lost their lives. What needs to be done now is to arrest Osama and subdue the terrorist threat that has now been brewing and 911 was their way of declaring war.

LOL, I think thats what weve been trying to do now supposedly for the past 5 yrs now. I really dont think we are doing th eproper things to capture him, and we just need to get out of there. Iraq is none of our bussiness and they can handle their probelms on their own now. I just dont get why it seems like WE (US) are always the ones to handle shit between other terrorist countires.....

Anyway, I find it kinda funny that Im the only person from the US to even comment on this topic. Its pretty sad that we dont even care......

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Anyway, I find it kinda funny that Im the only person from the US to even comment on this topic. Its pretty sad that we dont even care......

Shit happens, life moves on. What is there left to care about?

CenaMark54

If someone flew a plane into Maple Leaf Gardens or The Molson Centre all our Canadian friends would be up in arms.

You know what? I don't expect many people outside of the US to care. Terrorists attacks happen all over the world everyday. We in the US are fortunate we have only been attacked twice (Pearl Harbor isn't even in our mainland).

I expect them to care about as much as I care when there is a terror attack in Spain, or an earthquake in Japan, or flooding in Thailand. I'll say, "oh, thats sad, I wish there was something I could do" Then I forget about it in a week.

PeepShow

If someone flew a plan into Maple Leaf Gardens or The Molson Centre all our Canadian friends would be up in arms.

You know what? I don't expect many people outside of the US to care. Terrorists attacks happen all over the world everyday. We in the US are fortunate we have only been attacked twice (Pearl Harbor isn't even in our mainland).

I expect them to care about as much as I care when there is a terror attack in Spain, or an earthquake in Japan, or flooding in Thailand. I'll say, "oh, thats sad, I wish there was something I could do" Then I forget about it in a week.

Exactly, yet the first 4 people to respond arent even in the US, which shocks me.

Famou$ 187

I hate to say but nonetheless i agree with Monkey fully.Let's just move on.

Famou$ 187

Yea that is very true CenaMark even more for the victims & the victims familys.I actually remember were i was not that far from the attack actually the time of the attack i was at a BBQ with my family when it hit.Black smoke was everywhere in the sky i could barely so i went into the house an sat on the couch to watch the news to see what was happening.But i do certainly get what you are talking about CenaMark.

therazar

Reaction score
i am sad about it but they should honor all the firefighters, police officers and paramedics who died trying to help the people. Anyways as i heard a news article from September 12, 2001 bush said they tried to get us in chaos but only made us stronger

Dairydude

Reaction score
That kinda shit makes me more sick than 9/11 in general

I was at school, and got told by the bus driver on the way home.
My thoughts then were pretty much my thoughts now.
Oh dear, that's bad
fuck it, it's happened, nothing I can do to change it now

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
I was at school when it happened. 3rd grade i think. Unfortuanetly, I had a friend come over that day. nobody told us what happened at school, although the teachers were and they were crying. When i got home, my mom was crying, and told me and my friend what happened. my friend went home. i watched the news, but couldnt fully grasp what was happening. when it finally came into my head, i watched the news for the next week, waiting for more info.

i can't even imagine how people feel this day. Children who lost parents. Brothers. Sister. Husbands. Wives. Sons. Daughters. Not to mention the Pentagon attacked, and those braves in Pennsylvania who stopped the hi-jackers, but lost their lives. It seemed that that first year, America was stronger than it had been in decades. People with flags. Praying. Singing. Everything. Ever since then, it's crumbled. Some people (my age or older) care more about what they're gonna do today, or about getting an A on that test, than what happened those 6 years ago. That makes me sad. Even if we weren't affected directly, It was a blow to all of us. And to just forget that... I don't see how you can. I'll never forget it. I'll never forget coming home and seeing my mom cry. My teachers. Watching George Bush at Ground Zero, with the firefighters and all those others. People say he was a bad president, and that we should have just let it be, and left it alone, but I know, that had we left it alone, we might be remeber 6/30, or 1/20, but future terror attacks were stopped, and we should be grateful. Not everyone was affected directly, but everyone was in their own way. We should remeber those we WERE affected directly, and offer them our condolences and prayers. Pray or whatever for those children who don't have fathers or mothers, because a terrorist took their lives. Those who's parents gave up their lives. Very few of us can imagine how much pain they feel, and forgetting that it happened, or saying its pointless, that hurts me, and it would hurt them. They can't forget. Why should we?