SD! 30/8 Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE taped this week’s WWE SmackDown episode from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers and results:

* MizTV segment with Big Show and Dolph Ziggler talking about the events from RAW. Triple H comes out to confront Ziggler and Show. HHH books Miz vs. Orton and Ziggler vs. Shield in a handicapped match. Big Show must do commentary at ringside.

* Randy Orton defeated The Miz with a RKO. After the match, The Shield runs out for the attack on Miz. Daniel Bryan makes the save with a steel chair.

* Backstage, Vickie Guerrero is upset at Daniel Bryan for running in for the save. She calls him a bully and makes Bryan vs. Ryback for later tonight.

* Rob Van Dam defeated Damien Sandow with the Frog Splash.

* Alberto Del Rio cut a promo on Rob Van Dam and Ricardo Rodriguez. He says he’s going to remain World Heavyweight Champion at the Night of Champion’s pay-per-view event.

* The Shield defeats Dolph Ziggler when Roman Reigns hits the spear. They taunt Big Show at ringside after the match.

* Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel cut a promo on CM Punk, talking about the handicap match at Night of Champions.

* The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper and Erick Rowan) defeats Tons of Funk while Bray Wyatt watches. Wyatt comes in after the match and nails his finisher.

* Daniel Bryan defeats Ryback by DQ when Randy Orton interferes. The Shield comes out and attacks Bryan. Big Show wants to help but Triple H is there. Orton and The Shield continue to beat down Bryan. Orton has a can of spray paint and is threatens to paint Bryan. Orton holds up the title and stands over Bryan. This concludes the tapings.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
* MizTV segment with Big Show and Dolph Ziggler talking about the events from RAW. Triple H comes out to confront Ziggler and Show. HHH books Miz vs. Orton and Ziggler vs. Shield in a handicapped match. Big Show must do commentary at ringside.

Assuming nobody watches Smackdown anyway, so... Why? Why did they bother talking? Interested in what they have to say to make them such "evil" bastards to deserve these beatings. Maybe it's just "Oooh, Triple H is a heel, so he's an irrational dick!"

* Randy Orton defeated The Miz with a RKO. After the match, The Shield runs out for the attack on Miz. Daniel Bryan makes the save with a steel chair.

Lol at the entire heel stable ganging up on Miz, but if you're trying to get the fans to turn on Orton putting him against Miz seems unwise

* Backstage, Vickie Guerrero is upset at Daniel Bryan for running in for the save. She calls him a bully and makes Bryan vs. Ryback for later tonight.

YAYAYAYAYAY IRRATIONAL HEELS FTW! But hey, Vickie's been that way for years. So guess Ryback's gimmick is to beat up backstage guys and lose every wrestling match?

\_/

* Alberto Del Rio cut a promo on Rob Van Dam and Ricardo Rodriguez. He says he’s going to remain World Heavyweight Champion at the Night of Champion’s pay-per-view event.

NO! PLEASE SPARE US! DON'T LET ADR TALK! :why:

* The Shield defeats Dolph Ziggler when Roman Reigns hits the spear. They taunt Big Show at ringside after the match.

Ok. Should be good, they're getting Ziggler over as part of the resistance, but if he isn't a bigger part of this than Miz and Big Show I'm going to rage. But again, Ziggler didn't do anything.

* Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel cut a promo on CM Punk, talking about the handicap match at Night of Champions.

:yay: Heyman promo!

* The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper and Erick Rowan) defeats Tons of Funk while Bray Wyatt watches. Wyatt comes in after the match and nails his finisher.

Facepalm. So recycled, so overdone. The Wyatt family have been here for about 2 months and they already feel stale. Somebody, somewhere, get these guys a freaking feud!

* Daniel Bryan defeats Ryback by DQ when Randy Orton interferes. The Shield comes out and attacks Bryan. Big Show wants to help but Triple H is there. Orton and The Shield continue to beat down Bryan. Orton has a can of spray paint and is threatens to paint Bryan. Orton holds up the title and stands over Bryan. This concludes the tapings.

Interested to see how the match goes. So, the entire focus is on the main angle and Ryback comes across as a non-entity. Good. Treading water, yes, but it's Smackdown. What do you expect? The spraypaint thing is silly, lets not make it the new Evolution/Corporation/NWO all at once. Why?

Could be good, if you're into Smackdown.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
lol is he going to pain nWo on bryans back? Come the fuck on. Great Sandow build, also.

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
Serious question, whatever happened to Bigshow's iron clad contract which stopped him from being fired?

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
You mean like he already has been? On Raw Triple H said he'd fire anyone who came to the ring to help Daniel Bryan and Show still stood on the stage. Its pretty clear he's scared despite his People Power contract.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
You mean like he already has been? On Raw Triple H said he'd fire anyone who came to the ring to help Daniel Bryan and Show still stood on the stage. Its pretty clear he's scared despite his People Power contract.

Well, just put it down to a lack of continuity then, which isn't exactly a rare thing in wrestling. I would try to justify it by saying that maybe since he signed it under the authority of John Laurantis, he was forced to remove the ironclad portion of it when Laurantis was fired as an on-screen authority figure but I remember them bringing up the ironclad contract either late last year or earlier this year (must have got brought up when he assaulted a ref or something) even after Laurantis was long gone.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Triple H torturing everyone... man I can't get enough of this...
The Shield working with Randy Orton is what everyone dreamed about... it's just that good
Lol, Vicky kissing up to Triple H
Alright...
If ADR wins I riot
Another Shield beatdown on Ziggler... didn't we already see this?
Still.. NO IC TITLE MATCH at a PPV where every title is suppose to be defended, just scrap NOC now ...
Meh... any better opponents for Rowan and Harper?

Again... lovin the heel COO HHH

I'll give this Smackdown a shot... now starting to become like it was in the good old days

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
No Rhodes. Im just watching Ziggler vs Shield and Ryback vs Bryan. Will just skip the other segments/matches

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I always watch the show in its entirety. Good or bad. Sounds like it will be a good show though. I laugh when I think about how they planned the whole Daniel Bryan angle right now?

"So you guys are basically going to keep calling me ugly and use that as your excuse for not letting me get the title? OK"

The story line has that same Stone Cold edge like it did years ago, so its super entertaining to watch, but the reasoning behind the storyline is fucking stupid IMO.

If ADR wins I riot

I think you may need to get your rioting gear out now man.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I think you may need to get your rioting gear out now man.

Although........what if the RVD win over Sandow sets up a feud? And then if RVD wins the WHC at NoC it would give Sandow (the WHC MITB contract holder) a reason to go after RVD more, maybe even cash it in that night. That's probably just wishful thinking though.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Well, just put it down to a lack of continuity then, which isn't exactly a rare thing in wrestling. I would try to justify it by saying that maybe since he signed it under the authority of John Laurantis, he was forced to remove the ironclad portion of it when Laurantis was fired as an on-screen authority figure but I remember them bringing up the ironclad contract either late last year or earlier this year (must have got brought up when he assaulted a ref or something) even after Laurantis was long gone.
Your sig is just amazing.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I just watched this on WatchWrestling, and they actually did bring up Big Show's guaranteed contract. HHH said he could rip it in half if he wanted to, which is still pretty silly seeing as how it begs the question of why having an iron clad contract is a luxury when the boss can just invalid it by ripping it to shreds anyway but at least they acknowledged that it still existed. Also, Orton spray painting NO on Bryan was awesome. All he needed was a W and it would have been just like the good old days of WCW/NWO.