SCSA scheduled to appear at Cyber Sunday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Toddy

Reaction score
Stone Cold Steve Austin is being advertised to be making a "special guest appearance" at the WWE Cyber Sunday pay-per-view on Sunday, October 26, 2008. WWE Cyber Sunday will be taking place at the U.S. Airways Arena in Phoenix. You can see the listing for the event at this link.

Austin appeared at last year’s WWE Cyber Sunday pay-per-view, acting as a special guest referee for the World Heavyweight Championship match between champion Batista and Undertaker.

The advertisement on the U.S. Airways Arena site has the ticket sale date messed up with the ticket sale date being advertised for September 23. The WWE website states that the tickets actually go on sale this Saturday on August 23rd at 10am.

Obviously there is no guarantee Austin will be appearing on the pay-per-view, however if WWE have booked him for an appearance, they will be using him on the show in some capacity

From PWMania

To Be Honest he might be one of the options to be special guest referee or having a special interview but it should be interesting to see him

Airfixx

Oh, god I forgot about Cyber Sunday... It's so premeditated, it winds me up.

...and excuse me if I don't get TOO excited about a SCSA ref/interview appearance - I'm here for the angles and the wrestling.

Moonlight Drive

Stone Cold's appearances are WAY too repetetive. Ref. Stunner. Beer

Airfixx

Admitedly, for reaons you stated, this may be an exception to the 'rule', but the way they usually reel out SCSA & Foley for such things come off looing so desperate (which to be honest they needn't be... It's not like Turner - Or TNA - is snapping at their heels).

C4

Exactly, I don't even feel excited at all about this news; it's the same old crap everytime those bottles crash and the glass breaks. He is turning into something like Mick Foley and I'm not happy about it, they should try and do something innovative with him... they can, but they won't; for whatever reason that I don't understand.

you know, the 25th edition of Wrestlemania is only about 6 months after Cyber Sunday (one last match?)

In his hometown... it would be great to watch but certainly little to no chances of this happening. But if it does, it's going to get some very happy fans out there in Texas and it's going to make me feel all excited alright, :y:

J

Yet 80% of fans feel that it never gets old. Hell I flip every time it happens. As long as the stunner does not looks like shit.

CenaMark54

I am also one of the one's tired of Stone Cold's routine. Its lost all of its luster.

Its one thing if he was going to come back as a regular on air personality or as Chuck said, maybe set up one final match at Mania 25.

However, it will most likely be as either a special guest inforcer or ref. He stuns everyone at the end. Have a few beers on the turnbuckles. Drink a beer with someone. Stun that person as they are drinking the beer. Call for some more beers. Drop one. Call for another. Drink on the turnbuckle. Roll out of the ring. Roll back into the ring. Drink some more beers. Pose on turnbuckle as JR starts hyping the next match.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^^^That pretty much sums up my feelings on Stone Cold's current role in the WWE. The only way I'm a fan of this is if he's there to set up for one last match at WM, if not then just stay home. I will give the WWE credit for not dragging him out in a while. I think he did the same damn thing every 6 weeks or so last year and it was getting so boring. As far as I can remember he hasn't appeared on WWE TV yet this year.

Moonlight Drive

Stone Cold VS Shawn Michaels at WM 25. That would be even better than Taker/HBK

but yeah, I am sick of Austin appearances. Maybe a regular appearance, but everytime it's either

A)Referees. Stunners everyone after. Beer Beer Beer

B)Comes back. Stunner. Beer Beer Beer

Maybe give him something different and I'll enjoy it. Half of todays fans probably have no fuckign idea who Austin is or what he did for the business, as most probably only started watching not too long ago.

Reaction score
Yeah the Stunners and Beer Bashes are getting boring and old.. he should just have some matches, cut some promos, or be a general manager or something.

Wordlife

I would love to see Cena vs Stone Cold in a match one day... that would be awesome, itd never happen, but if that happened at Cyber Sunday, the fans will be leaving their prouder than they ever have been

Airfixx

^^^Proud? What the hell are you going on about?

Yeah the Stunners and Beer Bashes are getting boring and old.. he should just have some matches,

...But he's retired and all but physically incapable of wrestling anymore.

cut some promos,

About what exactly?

or be a general manager or something.

...Which would simply be a recipe for the stunner and beer routine every week.

IMO the only entertaining thing about his previous GM run was that he had Bishoff to fuck with all the time.

Dunno if there's really anything left for him to do.... Colour commentator could be good... Maybe... Not like they couldn't have him get physical once in a while due to wrestlers getting in the commentators (i.e. his) face (as they occasionally do).