SCSA CM Punk comparison

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't understand this comparison at all? Austin was more about rebelling against authority were as punk seems to be more arrogant. Austin seemed to be more likely to simply punch you in the face were as punk seems to be more about getting under peoples skin tormenting them verbally. If anyone I can see punk being more like rock then austin. Even down to the little details of their monikers the self proclaimed best in the world seems very similar to the man who declares himself the peoples champion. Its that cocky nature which is one of the main components of the punk character which austin didn't really have as a vital aspect unlike the rock. So are their any similarities to austins and punks characters which leads to this comparison? Is it just because them going against authority if so why isn't he compared to the rock who spent most of 2000 feuding against the mcmahon helmsley era?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Austin is known more for feuding with authority but you're right, Rock did too. But Punk's shoot promo started off the comparison, he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks and "has the balls to say what other people don't have balls to say". That's Steve Austin right there.