Scott Hall Explains Why He Won't Be At WrestleMania Weekend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMay187

Reaction score
Submitted by Michael Bluth on March 28, 2011 - 8:51am
Source: Rajah.com

During an interview over the weekend with the Wrestling News Live radio show, former WWE superstar Scott Hall set the record straight as to whether he will be attending WrestleMania weekend and Shawn Michaels' Hall of Fame induction. To listen to an MP3 of the interview, click here. Hall said:

“ I want to announce right now that I wanted to be in Atlanta to see Shawn (Michaels) get inducted into the hall of fame but I had to change my mind because I’m not strong enough to be in that situation right now. All I wanted to be was around all my old buddies in Atlanta where we were over like rover with the NWO stuff, such a fun city… but being with the boys is such a heavy trigger for me to party like that. I’m not ready for that atmosphere, I’m just going to sit at home and watch it on Pay Per Viewâ€￾.

For somebody that's had a very storied history of battling addiction, you've gotta give Hall a lot of credit for making what appears to be a very difficult decision. You can tell how bad he wants to be there, but at this point in his life, he's putting his sobriety first - and that's something he deserves a ton of credit for.

Thoughts ???

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Man, VERY few people have that kind of restraint, and I do mean VERY FEW.

I respect that he was strong enough to say that. I'm sure Vince has reached out to him and asked him to tag along, so I can respect that he probably has declined respectfully not to appear, and I'm sure Shawn is far more than appreciate in knowing that Scott wants to be there but knows that he cannot handle being put in that sort of environment.

1chiban

Reaction score
If he's not talking rubbish, then fair play to him.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Thumbs up to him for knowing that control is a big step in his battles with his addictions.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I'll be honest, I almost expected to hear that he'd been hospitalized with alcohol poisoning over the weekend... knowing his history... so the fact that he presumably stayed clean and sober this weekend says a hell of a lot to me about the guy's commitment right now.

Airfixx

Reaction score
May as well have got fucked-up with The Clique... It was kinda sad that he wasn't there when the rest of them came out to congratulate HBK tbh...