Scarlett Bordeaux's character getting hate?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Don Callis was on the Killing The Town podcast with Paul Lazenby and talked about the controversy surrounding the Scarlett Bordeaux character. You can listen to the podcast here

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Shoot-Style-Show

See now, I did not see that because I was following her name on Twitter during the show and it was like 90% positive. The worst thing I saw, someone wrote an article and said, 'Well, they've gotta be very careful about how they do this'. The good thing was the person was smart enough to understand that what Scarlett is doing is she's basically saying, 'Hey, I am not going to be told how to dress and how to look and that I shouldn't look how God made me and I'm not gonna cover up because some man or whatever thinks it's politically correct for me to cover up. If I wanna dress like this, I'm gonna dress like this. This is me.' And I thought that was an empowering message from her. But some people, you know, they look for things to be offended about and whatever. I'm unclear as to what anything she said was offensive. Also, let's all understand this is a wrestling show! Did you get mad at the lead heel in the last movie you saw and wanna go and send the actor letters because he didn't like his character? Everyone's playing a role here so let's just be clear.

But I thought it was interesting what she did and I think that people will be pleasantly surprised as we move forward. She's actually a very good wrestler and I think it got people talking in a good way and yeah, I think people are going, 'Oh, what are they gonna do?' and I don't know what they think is gonna happen here but you never know! You're gonna have to tune in to IMPACT on Pop TV in the USA every Thursday night at 8'o clock or on Game TV and the fabulous Fight Network in Canada to check it out. It is must-see programming especially the most recent tapings from Toronto in the Rebel Entertainment Complex. What a great venue. I think our male demographic will go up with Scarlett. I'm not sure.

Don Callis also spoke on whether the Scarlett Bordeaux character was a jab at the WWE's recent Women's Revolution.

You know this is true and I don't mean this as a knock because I don't watch anything. It's funny, I used to laugh when I would hear Eric Bischoff talk about back in the WCW days that he didn't watch ECW, like, 'I never watch that'. I was like, 'Oh BS he didn't watch it'. No, I now believe that Eric Bischoff did not watch ECW or much of anything else because he wouldn't have any goddamn time to do it, and I totally understand that. So I legitimately haven't watched WWE in many, many, many years and it's not because I don't want to or because it's not great, I mean I'm a subscriber to the Network and all that but you know, you just don't have time. I don't watch other promotions either.

So yeah, I don't know what they're doing on that. This was an independent kind of a thing with Scarlett and I think she's gonna be a star and she's gonna do a great job with it. And I think if you've learnt nothing else from watching IMPACT the last 6 or 7 months, I think you should know that if you think you know what's gonna happen, you probably don't, and that's probably how entertainment should be.

This is the few word I've heard that people are upset on Scarlett's character since her debut with Impact Wrestling. I mean from the way she was acting last night, she is tired of people judging her and hating on her because of her beauty and just going to be her. Personally I don't mind what she is doing, but with a stacked Knockouts Division I don't know where she fits right now. I would say though if you stick Scarlett with Eli Drake as tandem they could golden together.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Those complainers sound ugly.

Reactions: Cwalker

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I'm Pro Women in Wrestling in general I want to see all of them get opportunities. Everyone has a role to play can be an asset if used the right way. If you can wrestle and give me joy like Kairi Sane cool, if you can make me want to dream about you all night like Scarlett that's cool with me too.:kobe3:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Never understood why wrestling heels seem to be held at a moral standard like athletes when it's a fixed sport

No one gets mad at actors for playing terrible people

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never understood why wrestling heels seem to be held at a moral standard like athletes when it's a fixed sport

No one gets mad at actors for playing terrible people
Because rasslin is only fake until someone gets offended....like how a joke is just a joke until someone takes it as a statement.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I wanna see what these people look like.