Saturday Night Adrenaline Logo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Thoughts on Edge's "withdrawal"

The Rated-R Superstar struck gold when he defeated the loudmouth from SmackDown, Mr. Kennedy, for the Money in the Bank briefcase and its guaranteed World Championship opportunity. Edge first goaded Kennedy into putting the briefcase up for grabs, and then attacked Mr. Kennedy before their impromptu match began, wearing down the former Mr. Money in the Bank outside the ring. When the bell began the match, he delivered a thunderous spear for the quick win. Kennedy valiantly competed with a heavily taped arm as a result of an injury sustained at a live event this past weekend, but it was to no avail.

So what do you guys think the future holds for the new and once again Mr. Money in the Bank Edge?

Personally i don't want Mr.Kennedy to fall that easily, I want them to have a rematch for the prestigious prize in that briefcase . . . I dont know umm lets say a TLC . . Now that would be great for future ppvs . . .

C4

That's Sh*t you know! Kennedy was going to be the Champion and now Edge has taken the Title away from him!
I don't know why this happened but Edge sucks and Kennedy should have had that Money in the Bank and that Suck's.
I want a Rematch, Edge vs Kennedy for the MIB at Jud-Day or Vengence, Kennedy has to have that MIB.

phantomgerald

Not really, i can see a match at judgement day, but i expect edge to win again. then kennedy can just challenge batista and defeat him to become WHC while edge can go for surgery and come back to get his title shot

AJ Coltman

Reaction score
Actually, Kennedy is the one who needs surgery. Apparently he tore his triceps over the weekend and will be out for 5-7 months. Kennedy couldn't work a full match so they went with a squash.

I think Edge will hold the MITB until Kennedy comes back or cash it in on SD! to become the new World Heavyweight Champion since SD! lacks star power. Mysterio is out, Taker is out and now Kennedy.

Montana

OK, heres how i think its going to go:

Edge wins the world championship...wheather its tonight on Smackdown after the cage, or a few months down the road. Kennedy gets healed up and Edge is champ. Edge won't face him. BC he hasnt beaten anyone in 6 months. MR Kennedy wins the rumble, goes face against Edge at WM 24. (Injury pending) and we get the Cena vs HHH Rematch.

I still think Kennedy will main event at 24. The wwe had to think quick after Takers injury. Why wouldn't they just the MITB on Kennedy while he was injuried?

CenaMark54

Kennedy was a long shot to main event Wrestlemania before the injury.

Now that he is going to miss the rest of 2007, he is shit out of luck.

Let me put it this way, If HHH, HBK, Taker, Batista, Cena, or Edge had won the MITB, they would have kept the briefcase during the injury and used it when they came back.

The WWE knew Kennedy needed a lot of work to be a legit maineventer. Given a full year, it was possible. Now that they basically only have a few months in the beginning of 2008 to work with, there is not a shot in hell to build him up that fast.

Thats why they took the Briefcase off of him. It was either that, or have him lose a title match when he comes back.

3lions

Reaction score
I was initially surprised to see Edge win the MITB briefcase. I didn't know Kennedy was injured and thought was just another way of helping to establish Kennedy as a ME'er. However, it now makes sence. I would love to see a real Edge/Kennedy feud somewhere down the line and truely hope Kennedy's push will resume once he returns after injury. This injury sucks for SD!, but Edge will more than make up for his absence.

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^gotta agree Edge wil hold down the fort in the mean time, and will possibly be the next WHC. Kennedy could eventually come back and fast talk Edge into giving him a title shot or something and win, ya never know. But while SD's fastest rising star is out they may get the best heel in the business, along with new feuds, and match possibilities

RKO-07

Reaction score
I would love to see Edge vs Batista. It would be a much better match-up then Batista vs Mark Henry.

Truth

Reaction score
Well Kennedys out for 5-7 months which means he could be back this year, but I'm gonna say hes a surprise entrant in the rumble and much like Montanas idea, he wins the rumble and is a ME'er just from that if they book it right. He comes back poised for revenge and will go through everybody, hes a face, he goes undefeated leading up to WM24 and is booked as a true superstar. Edge will probably cash in the brief case tonight, if not then at Judgement day, becoming champion, losing it somewhere down the road but regaining it at the rumble. He and Kennedy face off in a WHC title match which will already have great background story and will sure as hell be a great fued as well as match. Its a very easy thing to do if they want Kennedy to be a star when he comes back, I think hes got everything down pat, I dont know about strapping the belt on him at WM though, I'd say a long match, and then he wins the title at backlash.

bawjustice

Reaction score
somethings to clear up

the wwe had planned a kennedy tittle run for the end of the eyar
kenendy got hurt at a house show and needs surgery + 5-7 months recovery
thats the reason he droped the mitb to edge in such a bitch way

these means soemthing though
kennedy is returning between october and december(great timeing if you wanna blow up at mania)
if he hadnt lost the briefcase itd still have been good when he came back
wich makes me think he was suposta use it soemtime between then
ohh lets say at smackdown to replace the injured undertaker as champ.
wich makes me think that edge will beat the taker or tista at smackdown.

the spoilers should eb coming in soon

Acideyez

Reaction score
So what would you think if Kennedy comes back in 5-7 months,and Edge still has the strap and he goes right into a feud with him,with Kennedy being the babyface in the feud?How good of a feud do you guys think that could be?