Santino unappreciated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Let's discuss Santino.

From what I've seen recently, there's those who think Santino being in any form of spotlight is terrible and a disgrace, then there's who think this jobbing superstar has got himself so over and has an actual gimmick and deserves his place. Which group are you with?

I'm with the latter. I think if Santino was in the attitude era, we'd have users saying how good and funny his gimmick was and how we need more Santino's in the world. I'm a big fan of the guy to be honest, he generally makes me laugh each week and has a gimmick, I love gimmicks, so much.

Discuss.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
The funny thing is the problem..
But besides that, I love Santino..

La vittoriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa è miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I love Santino's in-ring ability. He's a comedy babyface who's tremendously over with the crowd. So long as he's kept in the midcard, preferably the lower midcard, I have no problem with him being US Champ. I don't even mind him being IC Champ, although I would prefer that belt to go to future main event guys.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Santino being a main event guy at some point. He needs to change his look a bit and bring a little seriousness to his gimmick first. With his current character, though, I really like where he is and I am very appreciative of what he brings to the show.

wk

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't see him being in the main event, but I don't think it's impossible. He could be used as a prop, or involved in some form. But my god anyone see the pops at EC and last night when he won? That's top-level babyface pops.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Santino is my Fav. Wrestler i think he is a great ring performer and some what good on the mic wwe did good by giving him the tittle there sells for santino items will sky rocket im with he dosent need to change hes fine the way he is

<3 Santino

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't find him funny or amusing, and can't understand for the life of me why he is so over.

CMPuLs3

Reaction score
I question how anyone can enjoy this guy. He is supposed to be a comedic wrestler, but he isn't funny in the ring. They just let him be a dumbass backstage for 10 year olds to laugh at.

I'm fine with him winning the title, but the way that they made him win the title was fucking idiotic.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
CM PuLs3 said:
I question how anyone can enjoy this guy. He is supposed to be a comedic wrestler, but he isn't funny in the ring. They just let him be a dumbass backstage for 10 year olds to laugh at.

I'm fine with him winning the title, but the way that they made him win the title was fucking idiotic.

I agree with all of this.

My indifference towards Santino aside, it's Blue to have belt changes with no build. They all but buried Swagger (and the belt for that matter) with how they booked him as the US Champion. He was jobbing to R Truth on Superstars ffs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
One thing that I've got to question is why did they take the belt off Ryder if they wanted an over, comedic babyface as the US champion?

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Goldberg said:
The cobra sock needs to be changed.

You mean taking his lizard... and spitting mist out of it... or something lack thereof

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Not even creatures of the night can explain what that stuff was

Even Peter Parker thinks Santino hand needs to get a grip

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
seabs said:
One thing that I've got to question is why did they take the belt off Ryder if they wanted an over, comedic babyface as the US champion?

You really think they were thinking ahead?