Santino Marella Announces Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
According to reports in Toronto from fans in attendance, Santino Marella has announced his retirement from in-ring competition. Santino told the crowd that he suffered his third neck injury. Santino was born in Mississauga, Ontario but has been billed as being from Calabria, Italy. Santino, 35, said earlier this week in an interview that his career was winding down and was interested in staying with the company in a non-wrestling role. He’s been featured on the WWE Network pre-shows in recent weeks.

During his speech he apologized for the crowd for not being able to perform and said that he is proud to be Canadian.

Read more: http://wrestlingnews.co/breaking-news-wwe-star-announces-his-retirement/#ixzz36jwaAGQf

Damn. Sad to hear. Lot of good moments with Santino. Good luck to him in his future.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Although many people hate him for his gimmick, I give him complete props for being able to run with it and enjoy it, regardless of the hatred for it amongst fans. Sad to hear that injury is what will be putting him into retirement, but I'm glad he will be sticking with WWE for a bit, and then will be able to run his own wrestling school. Thank you Santino Marella (Anthony Carelli).

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He had his moments. Surely his gimmick wasn't enjoyed by everyone, but he did it wonderfully and must've had a good time.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I liked Santino, sucks he had to retire although I'm sure Vince isn't too butthurt about it considering he is most likely going to have to let go of somewhere between 5-8 members of the promotion.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
His schtick was stale a while ago. Too bad they couldn't repackage him into something more interesting. Best of luck/endeavours etc

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I liked him for a short period a couple years ago. Apart from that always thought he was annoying and boring. Sucks that he has to go early without a different gimmick or something.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I always figured him to be a rich man's Eric Young. It occurred to me that if anyone could jump from TNA to WWE with any success, it would be Eric Young.
Success wouldn't necessarily be defined in terms of titles. His success would have been defined by TV time and how over he would get with WWE's core audience.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Pretty sad news, I always thought he was pretty funny considering the stories WWE would put him in. Definitely should remain in a non-wrestling role, perhaps on the WWE Network.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Best of luck to him in his post-ring career.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
He had his moments as users have mentioned. Still wish he had a knock on the head, have amnesia and rock this gimmick.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sad news, I loved this guy. Sucks to see him gone. Best of luck, man!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Man, another one? Yikes. Widdleing them down. Not one of my favs, but he was better than The Great Khali IMO. Sucks he had to retire. Best wishes