Santino is a joke

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
From the beggining of his WWE run on TV he was a comedy heel. He just beat Umaga because Bobby Lashley showed up and beat him up, it's not like he came out of the crowd on the show and just beat Umaga clean lol. I'll admit it's quite different from his Russian character from OVW, but there's a reason, it's PG, so I guess they need a clown such as Santino, he plays the character very naturally, very well and such. I'll agree it's waaay too corny and I'd love it if he wasn't there but they have their reasons.

Amy

Jobber
Reaction score
Personally I dont find him funny but i'm not 10y/o.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
He's supposed to be a joke!!!!

Kinnetikx2

Jobber
Reaction score
He's great with the humor & comedy, but getting to the real stuff, actually wrestling--just the comedy gets in the way & makes him loses the match?
l mean.. The "Cobra" cost him the match on the United States Championship. Not once, but twice. Him playing around w/ it, it's just making most of his fans disappointed.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Why can't we get a comedy character that delivers in the ring? Even Scotty 2 Hotty had some element of badass about him, this guy's a clown. He used to be funny, but he's quickly went from a "haha" joke to an "embarassment to the business" joke.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He's actually a very good comedic performer, it's just the garbage he's been given. No one can make a sock falling in love with Aksana look good. He's a good wrestler Santino too, it's a shame.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Too bad current comedy characters are marketed completely towards children (well, at least Santino is).

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Worst finisher, of all time. Still cant agree with BLFFL based on my lack of integrity, so i'll leave it at that.