Santino, and Santina?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Well, TBH I never saw the particular incident you're referring to. I was 9 years old in 1997 and didn't watch wrestling, or much TV at all back then. I'm often a little nervous to admit that I've only been watching WWE for a few years but I try my best to carry on intelligent conversations with those who have watched longer. The last thing I'd want is to be labelled a groupie or something. For me, wrestling is more than men parading around shirtless.

TheKames23

Reaction score
I don't get this whole Santina thing anyways. I get a few laughs out of it every now and again, but usually, when he comes on, i switch the channel to something else more interesting. Some people might like the Santina/Santino gimmick thing, but honestly, i think it's stupid.

Reaction score
I don't get this whole Santina thing anyways. I get a few laughs out of it every now and again, but usually, when he comes on, i switch the channel to something else more interesting. Some people might like the Santina/Santino gimmick thing, but honestly, i think it's stupid.

Really my opinion is that it's run it's course. It's really lowering the property value of one of the best women in the company that of course being Beth Phoenix, and I have this awful image of Santino er Santina eventually wearing a certain title belt with a big butterfly on it.:nonono:

Double J

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how Santino does with a serious comedic face role. Meaning something like The Rock, where he can make fun of the heels and then actually back it up.

CenaMark54

Its funny to an extent but after a while it gets boring. I say Beth turns on santino and turns face. Or Rosa whatever she has to do to turn face imo.

If anyone is turning face its going to be Santino. The crowd is behind Santino/Santina. Plus he has been shitting all over Vickie for the last couple weeks.

LKP

Good point dude, but i got a feeling either they make a quick switch and have him heel again or go with the face turn. If Batista turns santino will. It always happens on a roster someone at the top turns someone bottom or mid card does, its always happens.

Rellie

Reaction score
Ha, I love it. This has been pretty hilarious week after week, but I don't think this gimmick is going to last long even though I hope it does.

LadyHotrod

ok this whole Santino/Santina thing is utterly Blue and not funny anymore

It was never funny, imo. They tried to get some cheap laughs but made the gimmick even more irritating by carrying on with it.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
He was doing a Q&A when I was at 25's Axxess session and he didn't even have to crack a joke to make the whole building laugh. But that of course would never fit with his character.

i was too busy just looking at lillian garcia to pay attention to what he was doing

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I honestly have to say that Santino and MVP are the only reasons I still watch RAW. I love satire and sarcasm but i can tell you there is NOTHING wrong with enjoying some slapstick, and Santino is among the best. The 3 Stooges, Lou Costello, and Santino Marella. OK, maybe not that good, lol. :D

noumenon

I have a feeling that after this week on RAW that may have been the last we've seen of Santina (hopefully) and maybe we'll actually see him start to wrestle seriously somewhere down the road. It seems like Glamerella has ran its course......along with Beth's push.