Samuel Eto'o handed 15-match ban for Cameroon strike

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Cameroon captain Samuel Eto'o has been banned for 15 matches by the Cameroonian Football Federation (Fecafoot) for his role in a players' strike.

The strike followed a row over bonuses after a tournament in Morocco in November and led to the cancellation of a friendly against Algeria.

Eto'o has 14 days to appeal.

Vice-captain Enoh Eyong received a two-match ban, while Tottenham's Benoit Assou-Ekotto was fined $1,980.

As it stands, Eto'o will miss the Indomitable Lions' opening games in qualifying for both the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations and 2014 World Cup.

Cameroon begin their campaign for the 2013 Nations Cup finals in South Africa with the first leg of their first round tie in Guinea Bissau on 29 February. The second leg will be played on 17 June.

In between the Nations Cup games the Cameroon squad start their quest to reach the 2014 World Cup Finals in Brazil with a match on 1 June against DR Congo.

Cameroon are in qualifying Group I with DR Congo, Libya and Togo.

Very bad news for Cameroon fans, He is a very talented player.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Holy crap. All that for just a strike? The guy is a good player, but Cameroon have other good players and they should make it through that group of theirs fairly easy.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
There group doesn't look the toughest but they can easily slip up.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not sure about Congo, but I'm pretty sure I could put together a team that could beat Libya or Togo. :lol: